Maxtor HD's that bad?

Ive had a few maxtors, from 13gb ones up to the 120GB ones im using now. I had 2 plus 9s fail on me last year but i think my clocking efforts may have broken them.

Also using an 80Gb external maxtor and its fine.

They just get hot tho. Im considering changing them for seagates or western digitals

ErNciLator said:
Maxtor sell most-> Maxtor more fails -> Maxtor more abuse on forums-> harsh on maxtor imo :).

Iv never had a fail maxtor.
Maxtor have poor QC > More Maxtors fail > Maxtor get bad reputation

Seagate around the longest > Seagate sell most (arguable, I don't think Maxtor do sell the most and even if they do, not by much, not enough to warrant their appalling figures) > Seagate sell reliable drives > Seagate become renowned for this > Seagate are popular.

I do hope Maxtor improve now that Seagate own them - the new SeaMax drives are going to be interesting.

basmic said:
I find some people get lucky with Maxtor drives.

Personally, I've have pulled too many dead Maxtors and read too many horror stories about them to ever trust them.

I would never use one in my machine, even if I was paid to.

Amen - 10 years of doing this and the only drives that ive ever had die are maxtors, and the odd hitachi. i just bought a seagate 200 gig for £44 off ebay, the guy sent me a maxtor by accident so i made him pick it up and drop me a seagate like i had asked for...

more details HERE

Back
Top Bottom