Maxtor M3 externals good?

Soldato
I didn't realise you could edit the titles now as you couldn't before lol, so I'd still like to know about both questions.

Looking on the shop there's a 4tb maxtor m3 for £110 or £70 for a 2tb version which if I sell my computer to get the money sooner would be ideal, however I chose my seagate 1tb for my Xbox over a similar priced maxtor months ago as I've had their old drives and were okay, but not a popular brand in my eyes, which questions whether that is a good unit & price for a big drive(never had more than a single 1t before) or just a keen price for sales?

Original question if nobody saw was about if it's possibly to get a drive like abover and partition part of it to cover the Xbox games? I don't know how Xbox works other than 3.0 gives option for game drive if you select it.

Basicially I'm thinking of ditching my pc in favour of a laptop due to work prospects changing so won't have time for pc/console gaming as much, but unless I get an external drive I will always need a computer for storage only setup and so..

With my current 2.5tb over 3 drives setup using nearly 2tb I am going to need at least a 3tb external, however I have a 1tb external for my Xbox one and my missus has a 500gb X1 like myself, but no extra storage and was thinking rather than buying 2 drives I could get a 4tb if not higher and partition 1.5-2tb for my Xbox and the rest for my computer/personal/back up stuff I have and will add to it then give her the 1tb, but I haven't a clue if this will work so I'm asking if anyone has tried this already and is working for them???

Last edited:
Associate
the drives that are inside them, anyone know what size they are (9 12 or 15 mm thick) thinknig of getting one and openening to put in a laptop, if it would fit but i cant find the spec anywhere

Associate
I bought one of these a few months ago, it works well enough but I do have a pita problem with it, windows often will not "eject" it so I can safely remove the drive.

Mine is 13mm thick external with plastic casing. Haven't connected it to any console though so cant help you there.

Soldato
the drives that are inside them, anyone know what size they are (9 12 or 15 mm thick) thinknig of getting one and openening to put in a laptop, if it would fit but i cant find the spec anywhere

Be careful as some of them have the USB interface built right onto the hard drive PCB so no way to connect via SATA.

Back
Top Bottom