US: Mayans M.C. (SoA sequel?) (sept 2018)

Soldato
Brilliant show so far. Starts off slow but differs to SoA a bit as it doesn't seem to really focus on the MC as much and focuses a lot on the cartel side of things. James Olmos steals the show as usual putting in a solid performance.

Associate
Watched the first six episodes over the last couple of days as I enjoyed SoA.

Like Kainz said it differs from SoA but not too much or in a bad way. Some of the characters/actors are really good, JD, Olmos and Chucky!, but find Rivera and Loyal really wooden. In fact Loyal was so bad I had to check to see if the wasn't some kind of biker that wasn't an actor with a role, sadly seems he's a paid actor.

Soldato
Still really enjoying the show and having Lincoln Potter return has turned things up a notch! Agree about Loyal, his character really hasn't shown himself yet sadly. It's great seeing Chucky again! "He likes using his hands" :o

Man of Honour
Watched the first few but as I like to watch stuff like this in bed needing to have my glasses on or contacts in to know what was going on in a lot of the scenes due to subtitles means it didn't really grab me.

Soldato
Having Richard Cabral (Coco) as a gang member always raises the bar, as that guy's life story is worthy of a movie in itself. All his gang tats in the show are real.

Soldato
that was all enjoyable. one quirk - during the sit-down, Marcus mentioned clearing things w/ jaxx ~ i thought this was supposed to be set after the SoA timeline?

Soldato
that was all enjoyable. one quirk - during the sit-down, Marcus mentioned clearing things w/ jaxx ~ i thought this was supposed to be set after the SoA timeline?

Are you talking about the lasts episode? Watching it now, and he talks about keep his promise to Jax Teller, I think he mean a historical promise to maintain peace relations with the SoA in Charming.

The show apparently takes place 4 years after SoA.

Soldato
Are you talking about the lasts episode? Watching it now, and he talks about keep his promise to Jax Teller, I think he mean a historical promise to maintain peace relations with the SoA in Charming.

The show apparently takes place 4 years after SoA.
makes sense, the way i heard/interpreted it i thought he meant he was actively going to dialogue w/ him, which didn't make sense cos they're better writers than that. i need to pay more attention when i'm watching :D

Soldato
*jaw drops at finale eps* :eek:

:eek:

Happy nooooo!

Also, I have no idea what was going on with the whole Alvarez stepping down thing. What was said to him?!

Alvarez has been eating a lot of pies it seems

Oh yeah, Alvarez was looking pretty porkey this series, he says, sitting here drinking beer in front of his computer watching netflix :D

Overall season was okay.

Story was decent, acting was good. I think it was the filming/sets/editing that let the series down IMO.

It didn't feel as polished as SoA.

There was some truly awful CGI animals in it, which just made me laugh and cringe rather than add anything. Some were fine, but most were *****. They should just cut that stuff out if they can't afford the budget to make it blend well.

Some scenes seemed quite ham fisted for plot progression too, like when
Emily got trampled.

Meh, it was good, but could have been way better. Will probably watch season 2 hoping it does get better and the budget increases.

Soldato
must admit i thought the animal-appearing-through-the-episode thing was a bit pretentious and lame, dunno if they were going for the baglady vibe of SoA or something, but they generally served no purpose aside from trying to be some metaphysical BS.

Back
Top Bottom