McCanns going too far?

Everybody seems to have forgotten about the Portuguese toddler that was kidnapped a few years ago only a few miles from where Madeline was taken. The police solved that one by battering the mother and sending her to jail. Same detectives involved. Portuguese police - dodgy as ****.

Photo Girl 'Not Missing Madeleine'
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-1285900,00.html

1591376.jpg

I loved this headline. Someone at my office said "it looks so much like her!" No, it looks like a toddler with blonde hair.

What amused me about this was the Evening Standard's headline a few hours before the IT'S NOT HER headline which said something like, " Photo taken in Morocco [and then in caps] EXPERTS CONCLUDE IT MUST BE HER".

Who are the 'experts' anyway?

I was initially skeptical about this but both parents have taken unpaid leave to look for their girl which means they aren't earning any money to pay their mortgage.

As the 'fighting fund' was set-up to assist in the finding of Madeline, I don't think they've done anything wrong in using the money for this purpose. Had they not done so, they would have had to go back to work and stopped looking for her. Thus I think that the money has been used to assist in the finding of her, as was intended.

Also, they aren't using it anymore due to their new status as suspects so I would appeat that they are trying to do things 'by the book' so to speak.

Alright for some isnt it?

Why don`t they downgrade their home to something smaller and save on taking money out of the fund then they have more money in it to use for what it`s intended purpose is.

this news story has gotten way out of hand, i gave up giving two hoots about a week after i heard about it, what about the thousands of other kids that go missing every year.

Alright for some isnt it?

Why don`t they downgrade their home to something smaller and save on taking money out of the fund then they have more money in it to use for what it`s intended purpose is.

Yeah, selling my house packing boxes and finding a new place to live would be first on my list of things to do.:confused:

...save on taking money out of the fund then they have more money in it to use for what it`s intended purpose is.
They have used it for its intended purpose.

The purpose is to help find Madeline and if using the fund to pay their mortgage (on only 2 occasions in the last 6 months) means that they can take time off work too look for her then the money is not being misused.

They have used it for its intended purpose.

The purpose is to help find Madeline and if using the fund to pay their mortgage (on only 2 occasions in the last 6 months) means that they can take time off work too look for her then the money is not being misused.

But how are they looking for her? they brought it a PI so there not looking at all are they !!

There should be no need for them to take money people have donated to pay their own mortgage.

People justify this by saying they've taken unpaid leave to hunt for Maddy. This is, of course, not the case. Where are the hunting? On a private jet? At the popes place? They've been home a month now.

Time to go back to work and stop living off the generosity of the greif obsessed British public.

But how are they looking for her? they brought it a PI so there not looking at all are they !!
The thing is, we don't know exactly what it is they've been doing as the media only reports major things such as the hiring of a PI.

For the record, I really couldn't care anymore as this story has gone on for too long imho and my personal view is that they should be back working - as others say, there's plenty of other children going missing every day. Just thought it might be interesting to argue from their point of view - fast running out of defenses though :p

Back
Top Bottom