McDonald’s general discussion

Soldato
I don't mind McDonald's coffee, I think it's above average.

When I used to go to college granted going back quite a few years now, the local McDonald's did 2 burgers and 2 fries for £2. Then for some charged you the same for a large coffee as a medium one, something like 80p.

So for under £3 you'd get 2 burgers, 2 fries and a large coffee. Used to rinse that.

Soldato
Ok calm down Professor Kenco

That made me laugh.

I guess Captain Blue Mountain had not read the whole thread to end up with that reply.

Given most fast food places crucify their coffee's and that includes the American ******** coffee slums, what McDonalds produces is not overly bad and probably high up on the FF chains coffees.

Soldato
When I have to travel to a different office I stop off at a local McDs to have breakfast. I don't normally eat breakfast but as I'll be in meetings it's my treat to get me through the day, tomorrow is one of those days. Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin *drool*

Soldato
The coffee is actually pretty good, and every 8 or so coffees via the App you effectively get a free double cheeseburger. With the recent changes to the buns the double cheeseburgers are a pretty good snack. The main downside is having to visit the establishments, which are ran by chavs, filled with chavs and generally a depressing place to be.
Don’t forget being hit by food couriers barging to the front

Soldato
The double quarter pounder deluxe is pretty good though the other day I found myself at a Burger King and thought why not? They have a limited edition spicy mayo whopper on the go so I went for a double with cheese. So much better than the deluxe but more expensive too.

Associate
I hate soggy chips, did had it delivered once but never again. They are way busy at lunch or dinner time and your meal will be lucky if delivered first in the route but still soggy

Soldato
On getting car repaired, went to a McDs which is a new one for me - opened 20 months ago. Each parking bay was numbered so no fighting over the 4 grill order spaces.
In mine they are always full but they do it ‘off’ number plates so find you in car park or more likely the car park next door as they have insufficient parking spaces.

Once when they asked me to pull up I did say there were no spaces in the car park and not only that it was gridlocked as the drive through goes through the middle of the small car park! They didn’t seem to care and said find somewhere and we’ll find you!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Haven't been mcdonalds in probably 6years, but walked past an advert for a chicken big mac last night and was almost tempted :confused:

i was amazed how many people are getting mac d delivered. Its really not nice cold.
surely we've all had a partner that goes out for the night with her mates, and you tell them to bring you a big mac and fries back :D
10seconds in the microwave and it's pretty much the same cardboard anyway

Last edited:
Soldato
i was amazed how many people are getting mac d delivered. It’s really not nice cold.
Or coffee! A few weeks ago I stopped at a crossing by a Costa. Let through a courier on moped from Costa first. He only turned down the first side road which is 150m away.

Plus these people who order on food courier apps have more money than sense. As a McDs picked up yourself is £7.30. Same meal delivered a tenner.

My friend works for a supermarket that is a JE outlet. A pack of cigs is £12.30. Same cigs on JE - £18.20. Yet they have a regular customer buying the cigs on JE. Courier looks pretty p’d off when herself or a colleague hands them over a bag with a pack of cigs

Soldato
In mine they are always full but they do it ‘off’ number plates so find you in car park or more likely the car park next door as they have insufficient parking spaces.

Once when they asked me to pull up I did say there were no spaces in the car park and not only that it was gridlocked as the drive through goes through the middle of the small car park! They didn’t seem to care and said find somewhere and we’ll find you!!
What about 5 min walk away?

Back
Top Bottom