Poll: McDonalds Gherkins

McDonalds Pickles - Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 483 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 309 39.0%

• Total voters
Associate
I must be one of the few people to adore these things. Ive been on a mission trying to find the nearest alternative in the supermarkets, none of them taste like the McD ones.

Ive done some web research, one site was a Q&A list from McDonalds to their consumers, one of which responded to a question about their pickles. The response was that they are grown in Turkey especially for McD to their own recipe, but they did add dill was used also.

Anyone got any reccomendations?

I really think McD should release such ingredients on commercial sale. Just imagine...tubs of special sauce, tubs of their toffee sauce, hash browns, McChickens..mmmmmm

(I went off McDonalds once I hit 20,Im now 27 and have suddenly got a taste for the junk again)

Associate
OP
Sorry for the late reply guys. Some realy good responses :p

Defo gonna try the Heinz ones and the Branston relish stuff. Im fully aware of the crap they put in their food but its seriously addictive. The sugar, fat and chemical rush is divine :D

In response to the McChicken Sandwich mayo...agreed! Its so much creamier than any other Mayo Ive tried!

Im shocked at all of the fellow Monkey Hanger Hartlepudians on this forum

Associate
OP
Necro post :D

Whats new in the world of pickles then lads? Have a lump of beef roasting in the oven and am more excited about having it cold with some dijon and pickles than I am with my yorkshire puds!

Associate
OP
I've just made my own little sauce ready for my thinly sliced rare beef tonight;

Diced Gherkins
Heinz Mayo
Maille Dijon
Twist of rock salt
Few twists of fresh ground black pepper
Small sprinkle of chives and parsley from my garden

Tastes fantastic. I washed out the mayo squeezy bottle and spooned my mix back in to refrigerate.

Associate
OP
It's all about that initial crunch and the acidic tang, really adds something other food stuffs don't give. The saltiness helps add flavour to your dish too.

Can't beat some pastrami, mustard and pickle in a sandwich - New Yorker stylee :)

Back
Top Bottom