• Yes

Votes: 483 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 309 39.0%

• Total voters
Associate
OP
Necro post :D

Whats new in the world of pickles then lads? Have a lump of beef roasting in the oven and am more excited about having it cold with some dijon and pickles than I am with my yorkshire puds!

Man of Honour
I like to make pickles, but one thing I've never understood is why can't you buy natural gherkins so I can make my own?

They're re just baby cucumbers, although they usually do use a particular species. And shops don't like selling baby stuff due to costs.

I keep trying to grow them, but everything loves eating them.

Associate
I like gherkins now, but I used to hate that slice of snot they put in burgers. I can't tell if my taste has changed significantly or if I was just put off trying any decent gherkins for a long time because of the experience of having had that stuff in the burgers.

Associate
Lidl Sweet Pickled Gherkins are pretty close to McD's, they normally pickled them with diced garlic, dill and diced sweet red pepper. They taste awesome.
When I worked at McD's about 7/8 years ago a few of us got permission to bring In some jars and take some home, Manager said it was better they went home with us and got eaten than thrown on the carpark floor

Back
Top Bottom