MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Caporegime
^That BBC article really annoyed me when I read it this week.

It goes over a few criticisms of the film and suggests that the star was subject to ‘racist trolling’ (which I expect is true, sadly) but I think it avoids what the obvious and common criticism of this film actually is: people think the emphasis on diversity and changes to the plot and aesthetic original make it feel like a ‘lecture’ on how they should perceive the world and behave… that’s the argument at least. But it’s a general truth that people don’t want to be lectured and definitely don’t want to be told how to feel.

The article feels disingenuous to me for omitting that, almost as if would be a dangerous concession for the BBC to say that people are fatigued from being towards being told how brilliant and ‘progressive’ things are.
I'm strongly in favour of the BBC losing the license fee.

They can only have such an agenda-driven output because their funding is guaranteed and they answer to no one.

I very much doubt they will be able to keep shoe-horning all this "progressive" stuff into their output if they had to compete for paying viewers.

Even poor Garderner's World is now nothing but a vehicle for increased LGBTQ+ exposure. I want to know about the plants, but the BBC would rather you know how this presenter met his boyfriend. It's just a mockery of what a public service broadcaster should be.

Soldato
OP
Not looking good for the house of mouse.

10 year low on stock price.

Extreme underperformance compared to the other S&P stocks. 15th worst currently.

“Disney, which now trades at its lowest level since 2014, has posted a 54.5% return over the last 10 years when accounting for dividend payments, compared to a median return of 187% for the 468 current S&P companies who were publicly traded for the entirety of the decade, according to FactSet data.”

Investors now taking them to court.

Soldato
OP
They had one job and failed.

Leia, Luke and Han on screen at once for one final time.

Instead we got Luke sucking a sour tit and a dead beat dad in Han.

That’s unforgivable.

The below article below is quite interesting. Some of the things put forward is already starting to happen. Selling off shows to other networks etc.

There parks have always been their bread and butter.

A snip
“Universal is looking to dethrone Disney as the king of theme parks soon, with Epic Universe set to open in Orlando sometime in 2025.
This massive expansion will act as Universal Orlando’s third theme park and will host some truly incredible new rides and attractions themed to some of the most recognizable brands on earth. EPic Universe will feature another installment of Universal’s incredibly popular Wizarding World of Harry Potter as well as a new version of SUPER NINTENDO WORLD, which was already present at Universal Studios Japan and UNniversal Studios Hollywood.”

Man of Honour
I think there are some issues being conflated here.

Aside from the usual issues being discussed in this thread, Disney has really upset its hardcore enthusiast theme park audience (visiting Disneyworld 2+ times a year types) in recent years by price increases and decreasing hotel guest perks. That is predominantly the reason that Universal has gained so much ground over them in the Florida theme park wars - even the hardened Disney enthusiasts have to admit that the value is very poor. They have damaged their brand to people that are likely to spend £££ on novelty popcorn buckets etc.

This has happened completely separately to Disney seemingly alienating other audiences with its ‘woke’ tendencies and streaming service situation. But that will probably have a knock on effect on people wanting to visit their parks.

They really need to up their game on the theme park brand.

Soldato
OP
To be fair Epic Universe sounds ******* awesome!!

While Disney getting involved in political issues, fighting with the state and ******* off paying customers, Universal seems to be giving them what they want.

Soldato
OP
lol they were pretty quick with the damage control. KK herself wades in. The Samba data is per household not view and they have a pretty large install base and partners with Disney. Just seen Mr H video stating when all data is in looks like it might get closed to Inhumans viewership in the US around 4milllion lol

It's dead jim

*A view is defined as total stream time divided by runtime available

Associate
I'm quite enjoying Ashoka so far, my only disappointment is that we won't get more Ray Stevenson because he's absolutely nailed the role as Baylan

Last edited:
Soldato
Why did they butcher it so badly? I mean all 3 were bad.

The more time passes, the more I think Rouge One was a fluke and they didn't mean it to be that good. But it slipped under their radar so it didn't get ruined. Don't get me wrong, it's far from perfect and it has it's own flaws, but it's by far the best thing they put out since Disney acquired Star Wars and I dare say it almost reaches the hight of the Orignal Trilogy. It makes for a good companion piece.

Soldato
I'm strongly in favour of the BBC losing the license fee.

They can only have such an agenda-driven output because their funding is guaranteed and they answer to no one.

I very much doubt they will be able to keep shoe-horning all this "progressive" stuff into their output if they had to compete for paying viewers.

Even poor Garderner's World is now nothing but a vehicle for increased LGBTQ+ exposure. I want to know about the plants, but the BBC would rather you know how this presenter met his boyfriend. It's just a mockery of what a public service broadcaster should be.
the problem is that companies seem to associate the volume of some progressive opinions with the physical volume of people having those opinions.
They are chasing a market that they think is large but in reality is small, and everything is financially failing as they dont get the viewership.

Caporegime
the problem is that companies seem to associate the volume of some progressive opinions with the physical volume of people having those opinions.
They are chasing a market that they think is large but in reality is small, and everything is financially failing as they dont get the viewership.
The majority of people don't care who is the lead, what sex/gender they are or what colour they are as long as the writing, acting and production is good. Those that do care are a very vocal minority who always, without fail, blame 'wokeness' on failures rather than the bland story-telling, ropey CGI, poor production and lack of quality in the productions which is, IMO, the main reason for the MCU and Star Wars 'failures', and I use the word lightly because they're not really failures, they're just not performing as hoped and expected.

Soldato
The majority of people don't care who is the lead, what sex/gender they are or what colour they are as long as the writing, acting and production is good. Those that do care are a very vocal minority who always, without fail, blame 'wokeness' on failures rather than the bland story-telling, ropey CGI, poor production and lack of quality in the productions which is, IMO, the main reason for the MCU and Star Wars 'failures', and I use the word lightly because they're not really failures, they're just not performing as hoped and expected.
If you've seen any deep analysis into the characters and plots of the latest films you would see a trend of the "wokness"/the message or what ever you want to call it, affecting the characters, which in turn affects the plot. So you end up with these issues in the films.
You then have the late reshoots in a patchwork attempt to fix these issues in the film, but because they are late it affects the CGI/production as there is insufficient time to do it properly.

Caporegime
If you've seen any deep analysis into the characters and plots of the latest films you would see a trend of the "wokness"/the message or what ever you want to call it, affecting the characters, which in turn affects the plot. So you end up with these issues in the films.
You then have the late reshoots in a patchwork attempt to fix these issues in the film, but because they are late it affects the CGI/production as there is insufficient time to do it properly.
Any analysis will be by right wing troll bots justifying their points as best they can to ‘prove’ they’re right.

Anyone watching can see they’re not great, with seemingly huge budgets that don’t seem to be justified by what’s on screen. Those issues aren’t generally down to wokeness or gender or the fact that the lead character isn't a white man.

Soldato
Any analysis will be by right wing troll bots justifying their points as best they can to ‘prove’ they’re right.
What a stupid comment used to dismiss a point because you have no actual arguments.

Those issues aren’t generally down to wokeness or gender or the fact that the lead character isn't a white man.
Yeah, you have no clue what I am referring to and yet still tried to preempt it :cry: :cry: :cry:

Get out of here with your dog **** strawmans

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom