MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Soldato
OP
Most people on here are discussing the downfall of Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar due to it all becoming political.

I can't remember if I have posted this before in this thread or another, but I am a fan of Disney for their traditional fairytale/princess animations. This is another area where I think Disney are going wrong at the moment. It's not politicising of their fairytale stuff, just the sheer lack of this type of film. They did superbly during the decades that Walt was still alive e.g. Snow White. After a rough couple of decades, they came back in the 90s with more fairytale hits like Aladdin / Beauty / Lion King. Their next streak was the 2010s with Tiana / Rapunzel / Moana, Frozen I and II which ended in 2019. Now we haven't had a traditional princess flick since, and I would really like them to pick back up on that again. Instead Disney have largely ditched the Walt Disney company that they were and concentrating on Marvel and other live action instead. Encanto was looking promising but was a rarity of times late.

Give me animated swords and sorcery :D
It’s mostly the sheer contempt for the source material. There’s a reason most of these IP’s have last decades. Fans

Let’s take a beloved characters **** on them, make them drink sour milk out of a tit just because they have a penis.

These blue haired whales that’s covered in cats **** hate these IP’s and want to self insert them selfs at every moment they can.

They don’t have the talent to improve they can only destroy and when they fail let’s attack the hardcore fans that’s has the disposable incomes that’s made these IP’s what they are today.

Soldato
OP
Hiiii hooooo!

I bet Disney is looking up if they can do a BatGirl right aboit now lol.

Man of Honour
^That BBC article really annoyed me when I read it this week.

It goes over a few criticisms of the film and suggests that the star was subject to ‘racist trolling’ (which I expect is true, sadly) but I think it avoids what the obvious and common criticism of this film actually is: people think the emphasis on diversity and changes to the plot and aesthetic original make it feel like a ‘lecture’ on how they should perceive the world and behave… that’s the argument at least. But it’s a general truth that people don’t want to be lectured and definitely don’t want to be told how to feel.

The article feels disingenuous to me for omitting that, almost as if would be a dangerous concession for the BBC to say that people are fatigued from being towards being told how brilliant and ‘progressive’ things are.

Don
Yeah, I see some comments about Rachel Zeglers appearance (elbows too pointy type stuff surely?), but she's been a PR disaster and Disney really should have done a better job of managing her as she is young and very nieve by the looks of things. Though her strike comments would be beyond their control and have really just highlighted how detached Hollywood is from the rest of the US, when someone on multi-million deals is complaining about not getting enough cash for wearing a dress. The focus away from ordinary workers with the media seems bizarre if they want to get public sympathy rather than prima donnas complaining about selling their multi million dollar home because they were living pay check to pay check. Though I guess the media news outlets are just an extension of the owners of Hollywood as well so there's a clear motive there for undermining strike support with the public.

Soldato
OP
Seems like the most self entitled and unlikeable actress Hollywood has churned out in years. Seems the complete opposite of Jenna O.

Wasn’t she forced to do like a damaged recovery video the other day? Playing the victim I believe.

Suspended
I don't know much about her, only saw her in Shazam 2 and she was very easy on the eyes.

I looked up her background, what makes you think she's been churned out by Hollywood? She had a YouTube channel for 4 years before she got a movie role, mainly singing and responded to an open casting call from Stephen Spielberg which allowed her to get her first break.

She also didn't appear to grow up in that World.

Last edited:
Don
Seems like the most self entitled and unlikeable actress Hollywood has churned out in years. Seems the complete opposite of Jenna O.

Wasn’t she forced to do like a damaged recovery video the other day? Playing the victim I believe.
It's an old video apparently, but she's definitely playing the victim now with tweets about "be kind" etc. I see Gina Carano is now reminding Rachel of her involvement in her cancelling as result of that :cry:

Soldato
It's an old video apparently, but she's definitely playing the victim now with tweets about "be kind" etc. I see Gina Carano is now reminding Rachel of her involvement in her cancelling as result of that :cry:
was going to say the only thing I knew about her prior to her being hired was from the dog pile on Gina Carano when she did her rather amusing beep boop pronoun tweet - 'be kind' just means 'be kind to me, whereas i can be as much of a nasty person as i want to be'

Last edited:
Don
was going to say the only thing I knew about her prior to her being hired was from the dog pile on Gina Carano when she did her rather amusing beep boop pronoun tweet - 'be kind' just means 'be kind to me, whereas i can be as much of a nasty person as i want to be'
Yeah, didn't realise that either, she also has some rather tasty tweets about JK Rowling and Jermey Renner that indicates that she is really quite a vile person with everything else that's gone on.

Soldato
OP
Why hello there.

“Go woke go broke” is a thing

Disney now canning fully shot shows. They probably end up doing a Batgirl if the can’t sell this. I quite enjoyed the Spiderwick film that came out a few years ago even have the Blu-ray. The series must have been made by the blue haired crazy’s.

Seeing rumours that Snow self entitled bitch and the 7 not dwarfs is also delayed. Will it see the big screen?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why hello there.

“Go woke go broke” is a thing

Disney now canning fully shot shows. They probably end up doing a Batgirl if the can’t sell this. I quite enjoyed the Spiderwick film that came out a few years ago even have the Blu-ray. The series must have been made by the blue haired crazy’s.

Seeing rumours that Snow self entitled bitch and the 7 not dwarfs is also delayed. Will it see the big screen?

You have ZERO proof that these shows have been cancelled for 'being woke' but you keep moulding the narrative to fit your agenda.

Caporegime
He didnt say the shows were cancelled for being woke..
“Go woke go broke” is a thing.

Exactly what he said. Surely the suggestion is that Disney is losing money and cancelling because they've 'gone woke'? Although I will concede he didn't say those shows were cancelled for that reason.

Soldato
“Go woke go broke” is a thing.

Exactly what he said. Surely the suggestion is that Disney is losing money and cancelling because they've 'gone woke'? Although I will concede he didn't say those shows were cancelled for that reason.
Theres a difference to shows being cancelled and the company cancelling shows because the TV division are losing money hand over fist due to 'wokeness'.

And yes go woke go broke is a thing - comics/bud light/target etc etc

Caporegime
Theres a difference to shows being cancelled and the company cancelling shows because the TV division are losing money hand over fist due to 'wokeness'.

And yes go woke go broke is a thing - comics/bud light/target etc etc
The Bud Light situation is cancel culture and dog whistling by right wing outlets looking for trigger points. Bud Light was replaced by another beer as best selling in the US. That beer is also owned by Anheuser Busch. Who's going broke now?

The Target situation is the same, a storm in a teacup whipped into a hurricane by right wing trolls and bots on social media.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Bud Light situation is cancel culture and dog whistling by right wing outlets looking for trigger points. Bud Light was replaced by another beer as best selling in the US. That beer is also owned by Anheuser Busch. Who's going broke now?

The Target situation is the same, a storm in a teacup whipped into a hurricane by right wing trolls and bots on social media.1
Lost Half a billion in sales give or take and had billions wiped off the share price, i think thats quite a successful boycot :p They may own modelo, but it's sold and sistributed by someone else.Target also lost a couple of billion.

The lefties started cancel culture, I've no problem with the right using the same tactics.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah, I see some comments about Rachel Zeglers appearance

I thought the main comment was "Zegler is snow white and Gal Gadot is jealous of her looks??" rather than suggesting that Zegler isn't attractive.

'be kind' just means 'be kind to me, whereas i can be as much of a nasty person as i want to be'

Well of course it does. "Be kind" like so many of these things is an ideology. It mean "be kind to the people I like and its OK to be utterly horrible to those I don't". They are completely oblivious to their hypocrisy and think that their nasty behaviour is OK because they are being nasty to "the wrong kind of people".

Thats why people take such pleasure in these sort of people getting caught on the wrong side of this.

Back
Top Bottom