MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Soldato
OP
I’m warming up to Variety. They go hard then take the lube out after firing shots lol

Example would be two underperforming films in the hits. Can’t go full hog on the Disney overlords.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Caporegime
People are sick of live action comic book movies

That's why it's one flop after another for all studios not just marvel

Got to say I agree.

Both genres are samey every time.

Each marvel is no different really or often worse than all the rest.
Disney live actions.. There's only so many you get the wow/nostalgia factor from
Avatar was mediocre, again.. The wow factor wasn't there.

Only guardians was any good.

Look at godzilla - 1. It the best film of that type/genre I've seen in ages. And that's not just the old "it's foreign = it's great" thing. I generally hate subs. But it felt like a genuine story, something new, with characters you can relate to. But with action and fiction.

Marvel has lost that. It's just rich/strong/elite people doing rich strong elite stuff again and again.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I was so tired of Batman, I completely put off watching this. Ended up watching it about 4 months ago and was shocked how good it was.

Same i think what made the film successful was a good supporting cast and it went back to basics going all dark and gritty. This cut out all that batman & robin comical nonsense. Zoe Kravitz was good and Paul Dano really stepped up to be a really believable, unhinged antagonist but Colin Farrell was the best, super performance and unrecognisable. Really surprised how well it worked with the overall package. One of the best Batman movies i watched in a long time.

Last edited:
Caporegime
People are sick of live action comic book movies

That's why it's one flop after another for all studios not just marvel

Personally speaking i agree, it's been a bombardment for over a decade plus of them now, people can come up with other reasons as to why they're not doing great, but fatigue of superhero movies must have some say in it surely. I don't buy that some movies like the flash and others divebombed because the DCEU is ending and they're basically pointless movies, people will still surely go and see them regardless if they like the title character, they would be treated basically as stand alone movies in that case surely? They divebombed because they were pretty average movies, Ezra Millers real life shenanigans certainly didn't help matters as far the Flash movie went.

Soldato
Marvel should go back to being pictures on a page and Star Wars should be epic space battles and unstoppable villains again (not wimpy kids/has been/useless idiots).

Soldato
This feels like its dropped into the same territory as when Winnie The Pooh also came out of copyright protection and someone made a Slasher film called Winnie The Pooh : Blood and Honey

Soldato
This feels like its dropped into the same territory as when Winnie The Pooh also came out of copyright protection and someone made a Slasher film called Winnie The Pooh : Blood and Honey

Yeah I'd heard of the winnie the pooh one, the trailer for the micky mouse one looks like it was made by film students that roped their mates in as actors.

Soldato
They never learn, maybe Bobby boy meant next year is when they'll get back to giving the core fanbase of ip's good story's instead of messaging dressed up as a TV show

fez

fez

Caporegime
If they make a good film then people will watch it and enjoy it. If she takes this as an opportunity to make an feminist driven film that forgets to be, you know, enjoyably and good then it will just be another film that few people like. We might even be approaching the point where people can criticise crap films that suffer from these issues without people taking the defence of "you're just a bunch of incels who don't like strong women" seriously.

Back
Top Bottom