MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
The sequel films have flip-flopped hard between:

- (1) you must be the one chosen by fate if you want to make a difference - your ancestry is everything; and

- (2) you make your own fate - your ancestry is irrelevant.

The Last Jedi went heavy on (2), rightfully so as (1) is just lame IMO, and then Rise of Skywalker confusingly mish-mashed the two.

In the end, Rey seemed to adopt Skywalker as a namesake for ‘goodie’, at her election - which I suppose is again another rejection of (1) but it never really made much sense because the film was explicitly clear that the only reason she was of any relevance (and any good with the force) was because of her ancestry. At the very least, it was weirdly inconsistent.

Talk about mixed messaging :o :p

I read somehwere Adam Driver admitted that Kylo Ren original character arc wasnt meant to be like that. They kept changing it and whole redemption thing in the final movie was a load of last minute BS they just changed and made up. They couldnt have fooled us, it was blatantly obvious so your inconsistency remark is spot on.

I skipped to the bit where he starts talking about it.

Last edited:
Commissario
I would assume Andor season 2 has been delayed by the various strikes. There is going to be a gap in the schedules, same with Last of Us.
Yup

Between the writers and the actors there was something like 6-9 months where they couldn't really do much actual filming because they didn't have the scripts, and then they didn't have the actors.

I suspect 2024 is going to be quite lean on new scripted content, this year has seen a bunch of stuff missed/pushed into '24 but basically they won't have been able to film much of anything that was originally scheduled to go out in the first half of next year at the minimum (especially anything that uses CGI or a lot of post filming work as that often takes several months to do after the actors have finished up).

Last edited:
Soldato
They only had 4 weeks give or take of shooting left of s2 when the strike hit, they *could* have dropped it xmas '24 instead of god knows when in '25.

Last edited:
Associate
Covid and the strikes are a very good cover for major studios, Disney and Hollywood in general not knowing their **** from heir elbow and who are in continual turmoil because of it. Instead of making art and hoping people like it, they've reversed the process and are asking the focus groups what they want and try to please everyone and of course everything has to pass the DEI checklist.

Most of all they have forgotten they're a creative industry driven by artists, they're now a product based, customer driven industry and they're failing miserably at it. This is why one-off movies, and indie movies are much better. They're still a creative industry.

Caporegime
I read somehwere Adam Driver admitted that Kylo Ren original character arc wasnt meant to be like that. They kept changing it and whole redemption thing in the final movie was a load of last minute BS they just changed and made up. They couldnt have fooled us, it was blatantly obvious so your inconsistency remark is spot on.

I skipped to the bit where he starts talking about it.

That's what happens when an outline for the trilogy isn't set in stone, and you let an utter nobody direct the second movie in a trilogy and basically crap all over things that were set up in the first of the three movies. Johnson must have been pumping Kathy Kennedy on the side as he made so many moronic decision's that I cant believe for one second weren't questioned on set. Luke's arc certainly was by Mark Hammill but his objections were basically pushed to the side.

There were supposed to have been multiple edits of the last movie in the works at the same time and allegedly the one that made the screen wasn't the one Abrams had signed off on, supposedly at the premiere he was surprised to see it wasn't the edit he had expected. That whole third movie was just a random cluster **** with its focus on undoing what Johnson had done in the second movie. Having to boot down Ian Mc Diarmid's door to have him reprise Palpatine as clueless Johnson killed off Snoke.

They would have needed to split the last movie into 2 separate movies to undo all the damage Johnson had done and actually finish it as Abrams intended.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kyo
Caporegime
People are sick of live action comic book movies

That's why it's one flop after another for all studios not just marvel
Aquaman, Blue Beetle & The Flash have all really died because everyone knew beforehand that they were the end of the DC cinematic universe so there was little point in going to see them. The problem is, can you still make a completely standalone Superhero movie that has no connection to any other universe or planned timeline?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Aquaman, Blue Beetle & The Flash have all really died because everyone knew beforehand that they were the end of the DC cinematic universe so there was little point in going to see them. The problem is, can you still make a completely standalone Superhero movie that has no connection to any other universe or planned timeline?
Robert Pattinson -The Batman has shown it can. However you can only rehash the same old content so many times. So whether it can still grow from it remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom