MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Haha, so the audience score (you know, the bums on seats) doesn’t count. Talk about moving the goalposts. lol

Incredible stuff.
The audience score of those that go you mean? sure. Now how about the rather large number of people who won't go because disney have destroyed the 'trust' that was in place with constantly ******** on their primary audience? How many p4/p5 films have made a profit? 2/3? Strange how the best performing film looks to be deadpool 3 which hasn't alienated the core fanbase isn't it

The audience score of those that go you mean? sure. Now how about the rather large number of people who won't go because disney have destroyed the 'trust' that was in place with constantly ******** on their primary audience? How many p4/p5 films have made a profit? 2/3? Strange how the best performing film looks to be deadpool 3 which hasn't alienated the core fanbase isn't it
But that wasn’t what was being discussed. I suggested that the films were more good than bad, critic/audience scores were provided backing that up pretty much and suddenly those metrics don’t apply?

If you haven’t been a fan of the films post Endgame that’s perfectly fine-I myself didn’t enjoy Eternals or Love & Thunder but let’s not go on like some of you that are suggesting that the MCU post Endgame has been an abject failure when that’s not the case at all.

But that wasn’t what was being discussed. I suggested that the films were more good than bad, critic/audience scores were provided backing that up pretty much and suddenly those metrics don’t apply?

If you haven’t been a fan of the films post Endgame that’s perfectly fine-I myself didn’t enjoy Eternals or Love & Thunder but let’s not go on like some of you that are suggesting that the MCU post Endgame has been an abject failure when that’s not the case at all.
Well initially it was if the mcu had been an abject failure post p3, the best measurable statistic is if a film breaks even or not. There have been plenty of box office bombs that were highly regarded by critics and audiences alike, they are still box office bombs and abject failures.

Disney has returned to profit after its streaming service made money for the first time and the success of the blockbuster film Inside Out 2.

Inside Out 2, released over the summer, became the highest-grossing animated film of all time which helped the company reach $254m (£200m) in earnings before interest and tax from content sales and licensing.

Disney slowly clawing it's way back to profit, maybe it's death has been over exaggerated on here a little

Got a link for the 1st quote?

Here's Disney's own Q3 financials report, for what its worth - https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/th...ter-and-nine-months-earnings-for-fiscal-2024/

Looks like making over $1.5billion on Inside Out 2 - plus the bump it also gave to D+ which saw an additional 1.3m subscribers and an additional 100m+ steams of the original film after sequel trailer dropped - was a bit of a "life saver" for the entertainment section of Disney as it it added about $800m additional profit vs Q2's results, enough to cover for at least 1 or 2 more flops like the upcoming Captain America: New World film etc.

I'm not familiar with the Deadpool films, but Wolverine is doing Disney a good favour as well with almost $1bn in the box office. Inside Out 2 and Wolverine didn't get the same amount of hype as Barbie and Oppenheimer did last summer, but they're doing just as well!

Allegedly Kathleen Kennedy will not quit Lucas film until she has a win.

Kathleen Kennedy apparently has something in common with much of the Star Wars fanbase. She wants Kathleen Kennedy to leave Lucasfilm. But, according to Film Threat’s Chris Gore, she’s only willing to walk out the door under one condition.

Namely: she wants to leave on the heels of a massive critical and commercial success. That’s something Lucasfilm hasn’t experienced in quite some time.

Allegedly Kathleen Kennedy will not quit Lucas film until she has a win.

So... if Andor S2 is as good as the first, all we need to do is get as many people as possible to stream it 24/7 for a few weeks/months and she will leave?

Back
Top Bottom