meatopia?

Soldato
Can't wait for this still! Not sure how many food tokens to buy though, they say all the dishes are quite small and £5 a go so I'm thinking maybe I'll just buy 5 for each of me and my girlfriend. They're currently selling 5 for a massive saving of £24 online.

Caporegime
£5 for taster size dishes when there is gonna be so many would leave me frustrated. Like when you went to the fair as a kid and only had enough for 1 ride and had to pick between the dodgems, the waltzers and the ghost train.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm going saturday also, should be good. Though i'm a little sad that the spit roast ox is on the Sunday. That would be mightily impressive to see.

Having not been to meatopia before, does the food sell out really early? And are there huge queues for everything?

Man of Honour
OMG so good!

The smell of cooking meats!

U6kqe1ql.jpg

Some heart of rump slow cooking - they checked the temp to be sure it was around 55C:

zjKquUnl.jpg

Whole Ox being spit roasted:

gHtngoQl.jpg

Rack of lamb with scotch bonnet rubbed on cutting planche, taragon and lemon dressing. Delicious:

O7vpxOGl.jpg

These two pics are of Famous Breakfast Club
Beau Myers | Almost Famous | Manchester burgers being prepared:

9j5e6Gkl.jpg
a5kzMjsl.jpg

The final product - so good! So much flavour:

Wksskapl.jpg

Burger with comte cheese, pulled Beef Ribs, Baconnaise & smoked chillis
Siggi Gunnlaugsson | Tommi’s Burgers | London

vhxVNI8l.jpg

Smoked Pigs Cheeks with foie gras butter
Lee Bull | Q Grill | London

pdxSIivl.jpg

Whole Beef Rump Hearts on a log grill
Jon Finch | Grillstock | Bristol

yZRMsULl.jpg

Charcoal grilled Flat Iron Steak with anchovy butter
Richard H Turner & Richard Sandiford | Hawksmoor | London

7DXN4tNl.jpg

Whole Beef Rump Hearts on a log grill
Jon Finch | Grillstock | Bristol

wY7N5USl.jpg

As a treat, crispies! The one on the left is a bourbon and pecan, the one on the right is peanut butter, bacon and banana. They were amazing.

t1b1PHBl.jpg

I missed out on taking pics of a couple of other dishes. But they were all amazing.

Associate
This was an absolutely fantastic event, food was brilliant (though some places were very stingy with portion sizes), the venue was great and the all pervading hazy wood smoke and smell of cooking meat was divine. On the way out, encouraged by many, many rums we stopped by the Turner & George stall and bought two giant Porterhouse steaks, a pack of J-O burgers and a pack of Angel Hot Guts sausages. The burgers and sausages were delicious and the steaks are absolutely huge and look fantastic, can't wait to cook those bad boys.

Although it was a different kind of event, just in terms of food it absolutely blew Grillstock out of the water. If meatopia had stalls selling BBQ equipment, rubs, wood etc then it would be perfect.

Top two dishes for me were the pig cheek & foie gras and the lamb breast ribs. Annoyingly we missed out on the smoked fore rib by sailor jerrys and the goat from Smokehouse, neither were particularly busy throughout the day, but by 6pm they were sold out. Whereas the stalls selling burgers were queued up all day and hadn't run out by the same time.

Next time i think i want to go for both days.

taB

taB

Associate
It was a stunning event and am already planning to attend next year's if possible. Really enjoyed the Venison butchering display and accompanying carpaccio from these guys: http://huntergathercook.com/.

I ended up having 6 dishes in all (plus a lot of beer). The Almost Famous burger (with beerios) was my highlight of the day, absolutely stunning amount of flavour and worth the massive queue.

My photos aren't uploaded yet but basically I took pictures of the same things as Freefaller but mine were less in focus.

Man of Honour
With ease. Had a big breakfast too, and a decent dinner :p

Agreed ganesh, some of the portions could have been better but nothing a little charm and flirting doesn't harm ;)

The venue and atmosphere were great. :)

You're such a whore for meat!

This does sound like somewhere I need to visit though!

Man of Honour
I am - meat is gooooood. :D

There were lots of artisan beers and ciders too, as well as some nice wines being showcased. A fantastic day well spent IMO!

For many it may be expensive, but personally I think it was well worth it and the genre of people that go there tend to be foodies too which makes it far more interesting. :)

Back
Top Bottom