Mechanical Keyboard Sample Kit

Soldato
I purchased a cherry switch sampler kit to test out which switch I liked the best before purchasing a keyboard.

Just wondering if anyone else is interested in trying this out so you can have a feel of each switch.

Sample kit includes (Red, Black, Blue, Brown)

Also includes a small bag of o-rings to test also.

jKe25JQ.jpg

PLEASE ENABLE YOUR TRUST ACCOUNT TO ALLOW USERS TO GET YOUR DELIVERY INFO

Was maybe going to get a mailing list on the go so its just a case of each person paying the postage to receive then pass onto the next person on the waiting list?

Waiting List
pigeonguyuk - Belfast
Dempsey22 - Cork, Ireland
Bledd. - Pembrokeshire, S Wales
DrewSecrets - Rotheram, South Yorkshire
MatsyLR - Sunderland
Deehjay - Nottingham
NoNameNoNumber - Newark, (near Nottingham)
BluZiff - Reading
yaboydom - Lancashire
beejjacobs - Birmingham
Shivy011 - Leicester
Rhysduck - Wales
tamzzy - Birmingham
Rage - South London
Ramboner - Milton Keynes
shiwarrior - Oxfordshire
Blinkz - Surrey
Scotspaul - Hereford
chroniclard - Hertfordshire
murah - Sussex
mightymouse - wales
Protoype - Swindon
Radec - Kent
dazza13 - Surrey
img
NvidiaDan - Oxfordshire
SuperG - Buckinghamshire
Wyrdo - Darlington
Psymonkee - St. Andrews
linwelin - Belfast
taz488 - London
sports_brah
crisbduck
Smoogels - Nofolk
Rowlii - Sheffield

Yellow - Currently has sample kit
Red - Didn't reply to trust messages from previous person, skipped

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If we are going to go to the effort of mailing it to people to try it, why not get the PRO Sampler with all eight switches? :)

EDIT: oh, you've already bought it? thats a very generous offer to the community then :)

Yup already purchased and played with!

The reason I didn't go for the PRO Sampler was a lot manufacturers haven't even made green/clears etc an option for their boards yet :(

I will make up a list sometime this evening and try and get in touch with people about arranging delivery to each other :D

If you edit your original posts with your location it might be easier to work out a little route to get to people quicker etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Right that's it off to the first person :)

Will be with pigeonguyuk sometime this afternoon so once he's had time to test it can roll onto the next person, I will update my OP with peoples names & locations.

Soldato
OP
Sorry folks, haven't been keeping up to date with this thread,

Done my back in on Friday and have been in bed since, will get in touch with pigeon to see if he has had a chance to test out and then try and arrange for it to go onto the next person.

Soldato
OP
What's everyone's thought who have tried them all so far, I'd be getting a board for gaming and forum use, mainly gaming and quiet is always a bonus.

If you are after a gaming board I would go for Reds or Browns with a full set of o-rings.

I ended up going with browns as I preferred the little bit of extra weight needed and feedback from the switch over the reds.

I would go red/brown over the rest.

Blue is just waaaay to clicky for my liking and the blacks are pretty heavy to press.

Soldato
OP
Sorry haven't been able to keep up to date with this post, not been well the past few months, updated OP.

Some people where skipped due to not replying to trust messages so they are marked in red (skipped)

Soldato
OP
Am I too new to these forums to hop aboard? If not, add me please :D

North Wales

ok thanks, that's grand

add me to the list then please ?

shiwarrior - oxfordshire

I'd love to try this as well, can I be added to the list. I'm in Guildford, Surrey.

Added you all to the list,

Sorry my sub alerts for this thread haven't been coming through and I keep forgetting to check the progress :p

Back
Top Bottom