Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Jurassic Park
Schindler's List
Jaws
Superman (the Christopher Reeves years)
To name a few of the more recognisable.

Ennio Morricone would also be another great, famous for many of the great Western themes such as the Good, the Bad and the Ugly (mentioned above), and other films such as Once Upon a Time in America and Cinema Paradiso.

Howard Shore's music for The Lord of the Rings was also fantastic and instantly recognisable although the music for the Hobbit films is pretty much instantly forgettable.

Finally, how could you not know the music of Inception it's basically loud foghorn blasts throughout :p

Last edited:
I think you are gonna see movies where people like John Carpenter, Hans Zimmer, James Horner, Ennio Morricone, etc. involved cropping up a lot and movies involving other people not so much ;)

Road to Perdition for me. The music always makes me judder!

Didn't find the soundtrack that memorable though it has some very good use of music in the movie - but the rain scene is one of the best scenes in a movie to date.

Last edited:
Personal favourite of mines has to be the Lord of the Rings trilogy...

In particular the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack is just brilliant.

Think I'm gonna go on a slight tangent and say Swordfish just because Oakenfold.

The intro is one of the most memorable for me - and it just so perfectly sets up a foreboding for what is to come.

Last edited:
Whitney Houston might not be you're bag, but the Body Guard soundtrack she did was phenomenal.

So many hits on that album, I was reminded of it last night flicking through the skybox, magic were playing it.

Back
Top Bottom