Memorable movie soundtracks

Soldato
I recently watched Django Unchained. Imo it has the best soundtrack ever, with some old songs from other things and some new compositions expertly used throughout the film by Tarantino.

After finishing the film, I immediately bought the soundtrack and downloaded it.

Do musicals count? I like Westside Story, Bugsy Malone, Guys & Dolls... all gangsta stuff. Also like Gene Kelly e.g. Singin' In The Rain.

I like Disney's Lilo & Stitch as well as there is a lot of Elvis in its soundtrack, but again might be classed as a musical?

If musicals aren't allowed, then it's the Harry Potter films for me.

Associate
Edward Scissorhands
Blade Runner
any of the Star Wars soundtracks
The Mission
both of Once Upon a Time in the West and Once Upon a Time in America
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Virgin Suicides, by Air. Not a huge fan of the film, it's ok, but the soundtrack is great.
Might be divisive, but The Lion King is brilliant, whether you are a fan of Elton John or Tim Rice or not.
Toy Story

Finally, not a film, but a series, and anime at that, but the jazz soundtrack of Cowboy Bebop is brilliant and gives the series a sleezy, smokey noir feeling with huge atmosphere.

Caporegime
WHAT?! Page two (depending) and no TopGun?!

Other classics, So I married an Axe murderer and an oldie but oh so good, About Last Night. The original version from 1986 with quite possibly the best love song ever written...

Associate
Predator score is good and as mentioned above, The Terminator.

John Capenter, Alan Silvestri and Ennio Morricone write so great film music.

The Blues Brothers.

Soldato
For A Few Dollar More (Morricone)... the theme with the watch was spine tingling, especially in the final showdown - "This is Mortimer, Colonel Douglas Mortimer - does the name mean anything to you?"

Most of Hans Zimmer's early work - but standout for me was K2, lacklustre movie but the score was brilliant.

Caporegime
Guys I note that there are multiple threads dealing with movie soundtracks, both with different but very good recommendations in them. Shall we ask the lovely mods to merge them into one uber topic? https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17979336

We can then rename the title to something like ****The Movie Soundtrack Thread**** or similar. :)

No thoughts on this guys? Seems a shame to waste the info. :)

Back
Top Bottom