Memory crashing system :/

Soldato
OP
124 dimm is configuration not dimm slots

so you can have a single stick, 2 sticks or all 4 sticks populating the respective number of dimm slots.

Your a LEGEND!!!

Just looked and my Patriot Viper is not supported which would explain why i cant get it stable :/

As its only got two ticks (meaning i can have 2 sticks populating) does that mean in the future i cannot add another 2x32Gb to make it 4 sticks in total (to get 128Gb)?

Man of Honour
QVLs are usually only 'tested', not incompatible, so even if it only has 2 ticks, it doesn't mean the motherboard doesn't 4, though if you notice there's a speed at which ticks stop for 4, that's a big clue what the speed limit is.

Soldato
Your a LEGEND!!!

Just looked and my Patriot Viper is not supported which would explain why i cant get it stable :/

As its only got two ticks (meaning i can have 2 sticks populating) does that mean in the future i cannot add another 2x32Gb to make it 4 sticks in total (to get 128Gb)?
i wouldnt go all the way to 4 dimms. it will push the board and controller too hard

you end up probably doing 3000MHz

looking at that list, not many ram is capable of running above 3200MHz with 4 dimm slots. so definitely avoid

Soldato
OP
i wouldnt go all the way to 4 dimms. it will push the board and controller too hard

you end up probably doing 3000MHz

looking at that list, not many ram is capable of running above 3200MHz with 4 dimm slots. so definitely avoid

So where would that leave me in the future when I upgrade and what to add more ram? At some point i would want to add another 2x32Gb.....would i need to underclock it to say 3000/3200 to populate the 4 dimms?

QVLs are usually only 'tested', not incompatible, so even if it only has 2 ticks, it doesn't mean the motherboard doesn't 4, though if you notice there's a speed at which ticks stop for 4, that's a big clue what the speed limit is.

Ahh thanks

Soldato
So where would that leave me in the future when I upgrade and what to add more ram? At some point i would want to add another 2x32Gb.....would i need to underclock it to say 3000/3200 to populate the 4 dimms?

Ahh thanks

ya, you need to be happy with 3200MHz or upgrade your board and CPU to something else. if you want big ram support - threadripper is really your real option. anyway someone on this forum had made 128GB working and overclocked them as well.

it is pure luck when you are at these sort of limits

Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom