Poll: Merge in turn - why does nobody get it?

Who was in the right?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone else has managed to get in lane.

It frustrates me so much that people fly down empty lanes in these sort of situations and then expect to be let in. It's not the incorrect merge that annoys me, it's just people's sense of entitlement on the roads.

Kudos to the driver for slowing him down, I'd have probably gotten out.

Go away

It frustrates me so much that people fly down empty lanes in these sort of situations and then expect to be let in. It's not the incorrect merge that annoys me, it's just people's sense of entitlement on the roads.

Do you get equally as annoyed when you're queuing for a checkout at the supermarket and someone else goes for another checkout with a shorter queue, instead of joining your one?

People merge too soon, that's fine. I'm just not going to let in people whom want to 'push in' similarly in the city centre there are several turns with traffic lights and a single lane carrying on. The amount of people that 'skip' the queue for the turn and expect to be let in at the front while holding a lane of traffic up. *****.

People merge too soon, that's fine. I'm just not going to let in people whom want to 'push in' similarly in the city centre there are several turns with traffic lights and a single lane carrying on. The amount of people that 'skip' the queue for the turn and expect to be let in at the front while holding a lane of traffic up. *****.

Eh??

NO ITS NOT FINE, ITS STUPID TO MERGE TOO SOON!! :mad:

Do you get equally as annoyed when you're queuing for a checkout at the supermarket and someone else goes for another checkout with a shorter queue, instead of joining your one?

No, but I would be mildly frustrated if someone walked down the line and tried to cut in to the queue. I would, not so politely, tell them to join the back of the queue.

Oh dear...

Nice and hypocritical there..

People merge too soon, that's fine.

No its not, its wrong.

I'm just not going to let in people whom want to 'push in'

They're not pushing in, they're merging at the merge point like you're supposed to do.

similarly in the city centre there are several turns with traffic lights and a single lane carrying on. The amount of people that 'skip' the queue for the turn and expect to be let in at the front while holding a lane of traffic up. *****.

Completely different and yes, annoying because the queue in a turning lane is for a purpose.

There is no legitimate need to queue in one lane when merging in turn.

No, but I would be mildly frustrated if someone walked down the line and tried to cut in to the queue. I would, not so politely, tell them to join the back of the queue.

This is not the same. There are TWO lanes that become one.

If no one is useing one of the Lanes this in turn increases the length of the Que,
if both lanes were used the SAME amount of people in the QUE would fit with less length. Causing less disruption.

You and many others who can't seem to engage their brain don't realise that Sitting in one lane and moaning about others is the WRONG thing to do.

I had some idiot in a Golf go over a three lane roundabout on the inside lane, and raced off to cut in front of the two lanes going straight on so he could get ahead. It's usually the people trying to race around that cause the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom