Merkur Razor

Permabanned
Also not London, but they deliver fast and have good customer service.

http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/

If you're in London, possibly try 'Geo F Trumpers' in Curzon Street, Mayfair. I have a feeling they stocked Merkur razors, but IIRC they were somewhat overpriced.

Merkur razors are good for double edge razors, but IMO just go the whole hog and learn to use a straight razor. I did 2 years ago and have never looked back.

:)

www.straightrazorplace.com

Caporegime
the shaving shack is good for supplies and the gentlemans shop for your razer and brushes, etc

your better off ordering online thn going to an actual shop

i have the merkur futur - its a pretty decent razor, i dont use it anymore - i just trim now every week using a set of clippers with no guard - the stubbly look appeals to my looks as when i shave i look like a 12 year old

Caporegime
dont havea go at me, but ive brought a wilkinson sword DE razor form boots, until my Merkur comes through the post.

Which Merkur, whould be good for a novice?

the futur - its shaped at an angle which makes it easier for mach 3 users to adjust too

it also has different settings from 1-6, 6 being the sharpest, i leave mine at 2, anything higher and its too sharp and rips my skin off, so this is the best because of the shape and adjustable settings, its also one of the newest models, and is priced fairly compared to the newest model

Soldato
OP
im crossing over from electric :)

DE razor are supose to give a sublime shave.

Plus they are cheaper, £3 for 10 blades.

no doubt other will give other reasons.

p.s. nothing wrong with watch snobbery, i have a Breitling Montbrilliant

Man of Honour
What is wrong with your common garden Mach 3 / Fusion style razor? Is this OCUK razor snobbery (like the watch snobbery) or is there some real good reason to switch?

The blades are stupidly overpriced and never mind how many extra blades they slap in them they still irritate my face to hell, whereas a DE's blades cost 10p or less each and give me the best shave ive ever had without the irritation

Back
Top Bottom