Meta > Facebook...

Man of Honour
OP
Presumably some boomers like housey do!
Gen X not a Boomer and I turned it on in 2019 and rarely use it.

I don't like to rush into things.

Next, MSN Messenger, I hear that is really clever, like a text but in colour and with smile things.

Caporegime
They have helped make a VR version of GTA: San Andreas though...

Actually, that's pretty cool to be fair also I don't think Zuck is too far wrong with this meta thing, someone is going to build it and he's got a good shot at it, whether it actually will be him and his company that succeeds is to be seen but they needed to do *something*, young people aren't into their core product so much these days and that was an issue for the market, the "Zuck factor" still carries some weight.

Gen X not a Boomer and I turned it on in 2019 and rarely use it.

I don't like to rush into things.

Next, MSN Messenger, I hear that is really clever, like a text but in colour and with smile things.

LOL fair enough :)

V F

V F

Soldato
Presumably some boomers like housey do!

While funny and not funny. Funny the fact so many cannot tell the age group of a boomer. I see the young-ins on twitch/discord use it so many times to insult but they would have to be between 65 - 75+ to be a boomer.

Caporegime
While funny and not funny. Funny the fact so many cannot tell the age group of a boomer. I see the young-ins on twitch/discord use it so many times to insult but they would have to be between 65 - 75+ to be a boomer.

I did assume he was in his 60s to be fair but I guess he's a bit younger than that then.

Similar thing with "Millenials" being used for young people when lots of the people intended to be referred to are really gen Z now.

Apparently, this is what helped popularise the "OK boomer" thing(?)

Soldato
I had the wrong mod (was meant to be Zefan not Maccy), but this was the post I meant.

GyjDWLD.png

Ah I see. You didn’t get the joke that was being made that that was my line and someone else was making it, and instead you’ve created this weird theatre of drama where everyone posts with upmost sincerity and seriousness at all times.

My point that you need to go and touch grass stands as ever.

Soldato
It's been around a lot longer than that! Although I think it did actually start with a Hurfdurf post here

edit: actually, I'm not sure if that is where it originiated, maybe the thread has been deleted now. It's been around for several months though.

I originally started saying it, as ever when I post on this forum, tongue in cheek, to show what utter dross, racism and other things that the mods would surely want to save OcUK as a business from PR wise if it was linked to the shop. It went from there and you’ll notice the threads that it has been posted in have been thoroughly cleaned up by the mods.

Soldato
tb9loHT.png

Personal protection in the Metaverse

People can hire the services of individuals to help keep them safe. Think of it like virtual bodyguards.

like this (15secs in)

Man of Honour
OP
I did assume he was in his 60s to be fair but I guess he's a bit younger than that then.

I joined here in 2006 aged 38 (@Tax Evader it was his fault) to get advice on my BRAND NEW CGA graphics card. As I say, I have always been an early adopter and leading edge.

Now, anyone help me get this new 3DFX thing working.

V F

V F

Soldato
tb9loHT.png

Personal protection in the Metaverse

People can hire the services of individuals to help keep them safe. Think of it like virtual bodyguards.

like this (15secs in)

Megan thee Stallion? Never heard of her.

I must admit though, these celebrities today are pretty rude.

"petition to stop celebs who have absolutely no interest in F1 having grid walks ! Give the walks to the fans !"

"Exactly. And any that are rude just one single time get nil air time with MB!"

"100% it’s not difficult to talk for a minute fans would appreciate it so much to be able to be on the grid and get an interview from Martin. Not some female rapper I’ve never heard of and serena Williams who if anyone has watched tennis is nasty to fans ball boys/girls and opponents."

Caporegime
does zuckerborg think the average person is going to spend 2-3k on VR tech? and that people can work from home whilst wearing VR goggles chatting to other people?

does he think WFH means board meetings or what?

someone else will do it better when the time is right. I guess this is facebooks desperate attempt to try and regain the younger generations who stopped using facebook.

it's basically "boomer Book" these days and going the way of books

Soldato
does zuckerborg think the average person is going to spend 2-3k on VR tech? and that people can work from home whilst wearing VR goggles chatting to other people?

does he think WFH means board meetings or what?

someone else will do it better when the time is right. I guess this is facebooks desperate attempt to try and regain the younger generations who stopped using facebook.

it's basically "boomer Book" these days and going the way of books
The market is a bit bigger than average consumer. A lot of the mega tech/consulting firms are buying VR headsets to facilitate virtual in-person workshops thanks to the WFH revolution COVID drove. £3k a pop is pennies if it lasts a few years.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Have you actually done one ? The one i attended was utter waste of time and would be better served as a 30 teams call, when someone actually has the camera on.

Back
Top Bottom