Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Someone explain to me... This is about Big Boss / a new clone isn't it? Not Solid Snake.

So why is everyone complaining that David Hayter isn't doing the voice?

Solid, Liquid and Solidus were all big boss clones(and all had different voice actors). But since Solid\big boss have always had the voice of david hayter, it would have been expected to stay the same. So there's your reasoning for the complaints.

They say they've changed it due to his age now, more so than anything else.

David Hayter Comments on Metal Gear Solid V Absence

“I have been up in Toronto, for the past eight months, directing my first film,” Hayter explained. “On the December break, I came home to Los Angeles for the holidays. I heard then, that recording sessions for MG:V were being put together. But I didn’t hear anything about whether I’d be needed or not. So, I got in touch with someone involved in the production. We got together for lunch, and he told me that they ‘wouldn’t be needing me’ on this game. No reason, or explanation was given beyond that. And that was it.”

“It’s been fifteen years, nine games, and an enormous blast to undertake,” he wrote. “If it were my choice, I would do this role forever. To hear anyone else’s voice coming from Snake’s battered throat, makes me a little ill, to be honest. But the truth is -- it’s not my choice. Any and all casting decisions are the sole purview of Hideo Kojima, and Konami itself. And that’s fair. And I’ll get by. I am not lacking for employment on any level. But I didn’t want anybody to think that I was intentionally abandoning them. And know that I will miss this job, and this character, very much.”

Will not be purchasing this game, its not an MGS game without Hayter, no matter who the new VA is....

Kojima says he wants something new for the series, and he wants that to be seen with a new voice actor.

So...he says that, then keeps the same voice actor he's always had for the Japanese versions?

If you want to create something new for the series, change it across the board, not just for the Western Market.

I really don't know what to make if it because I enjoy mgs but his voice is one of the most iconic things of the series. It seems sad that a voice change would put people off, but it really has.

The persona of Snake is so wrapped up in Hayter's voice though...the perfect Snake Plissken-alike. Maybe Konami have underestimated how much he brought to the role :(

Haven't they (Hayter & Kojima) pulled this stunt before? could have sworn they have :/

Similar thing went around when MGS3 came out, because the main character was Solid Snake, there was a whole thing about Hayter not doing the voice and blah blah blah.

The guy that did Big Boss at the end of MGS4 actually had it down pretty well so it's possible they want to use him as a slightly older sounding snake, seeing that it'll be around 1983 in the game.

in MGS4 snakes voice really irritated me, it was like he whispered everything he said. Then repeated almost everything everything that was said to him.

I hope they dont do the same with this game

Back
Top Bottom