Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Caporegime
i'm 52% complete. its starting to rehash the main missions but with (extreme) mode and (total stealth) etc
and whats with the side ops, they hare just exactly the same each time, was there any need.
i'll probably play on for a bit longer but getting bored now

Keep playing not much left, if no yellow missions are unlocking in main missions play some side ops, you don't need to do the rehash missions, side ops will unlock new ones, worth seeing the ending whether you like it or not :p

Soldato
Well I got this game at Xmas and recently started playing. I have played a few of these games in the past but nothing in depth. Last one I played was Guns of the Patriots and wasn't a huge fan, especially with the silly long cutscenes. So I started this recently and I have got about 65 hrs into it with 44% complete and I love it. I have just done the Proxy War Without End mission but got almost all of the side missions done as well. I want my own Quiet... :D

Soldato
it was a great game, i've stopped playing now though
the missions repeat but on a harder level and some of them are really hard (like capture quite without getting hit once!)
how do you check how many hrs you spent??

i played online for a few weeks too. it was basic but ok. i'm ready to move on from it now. waiting for a good game to appear...

Soldato
Well the one where you have to capture quiet without getting hit is easy. Just spot her, call in a supply drop on her head rinse and repeat and she is done. Its actually not that hard just stay where you start the mission behind the rock. Its a little tougher on that level as she doesn't stay in the same place too long so you have to spot her and call in the supply drop before she moves. I have only done 1 more as they are silly hard.

Well I just finished A Quiet Exit level... Wow almost had me crying, very emotional. I was gutted that you couldn't use her after that but I got her back.

Just developing the last couple of platforms at mother base in the hopes it will unlock the last mission.

Question: Have the kids gone with the big robot for good? Was that it?

Soldato
Well the one where you have to capture quiet without getting hit is easy. Just spot her, call in a supply drop on her head rinse and repeat and she is done. Its actually not that hard just stay where you start the mission behind the rock. Its a little tougher on that level as she doesn't stay in the same place too long so you have to spot her and call in the supply drop before she moves. I have only done 1 more as they are silly hard.

Well I just finished A Quiet Exit level... Wow almost had me crying, very emotional. I was gutted that you couldn't use her after that but I got her back.

Just developing the last couple of platforms at mother base in the hopes it will unlock the last mission.

Question: Have the kids gone with the big robot for good? Was that it?

yes i think the kids dont come back iirc. was gutted at losing quiet too, what a co star!

Soldato
Yeah I know, After playing a few of the missions through with DD I actually missed her humming. And when she spoke to save snake was emotional to say the least. You can get her back by playing the mission [Replay]Cloaked in Silence 7 times (You can skip the cutscenes) Use the supply drop trick to get her, then on the 7th time it changes to [Reunion] Cloaked in Silence

Soldato
Copy n Paste from the PC thread if some of you don't scroll into there.

Apparently The Rainforest listed "Metal Gear Solid 5 Definitive Ex" with no other detail, So far speculation is GZ, PP and DLC will be bundled with it.

The only detail was a release date of December.

Besides the above, I have no clue what it could be.

Soldato
EDIT - meant to post this in PC gaming, will do there instead...

I've only just started playing this since getting in the steam sales. Haven't played a metal gear game since PS2 days I think.

Righto then, and sorry to shout but WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON? I'm baffled. This has to be one of the most bizarre, mentally ill openings to any game I've ever played. Floating women in gas masks and some sort of man on fire prancing about, with so many cut scenes trying far too hard to impress with 'cinematography', it feels a bit pathetic. Who am I? Why can I sometimes hear Kiefer Sutherland's voice from the man with the bandaged head, but then from 'me' also? Can anyone offer any sanity, or guidance?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hint, that isn't a woman in a gas mask. Cast your mind back to the PS1 days.

Without spoiling anything else, stick with the game. Hopefully you will remember some of the other parts of the puzzle(s). If not, it is worth reading into parts of the story line to catch up on the story.

Associate
EDIT - meant to post this in PC gaming, will do there instead...

I've only just started playing this since getting in the steam sales. Haven't played a metal gear game since PS2 days I think.

Righto then, and sorry to shout but WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON? I'm baffled. This has to be one of the most bizarre, mentally ill openings to any game I've ever played. Floating women in gas masks and some sort of man on fire prancing about, with so many cut scenes trying far too hard to impress with 'cinematography', it feels a bit pathetic. Who am I? Why can I sometimes hear Kiefer Sutherland's voice from the man with the bandaged head, but then from 'me' also? Can anyone offer any sanity, or guidance?

You are completely sane... just play the game to get the answers. Except the woman in the gas mask is actually too small to be a fully grown adult woman...

This first mission is not very representative of the full game. Lap it up... this is about as close to traditional Metal Gear (i.e. laden with cutscenes every few seconds) as this game will get. After this... it's open-world shenanigans and story mainly through collectable cassette tapes. Some folks have said it's more akin to Splinter Cell than Metal Gear. You aren't into the game till you can extract sheep by attaching balloons to them.

Back
Top Bottom