Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Soldato

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain has been announced at the Game Developers Conference.

Franchise creator Hideo Kojima revealed today (March 27) that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain together make the Metal Gear Solid sequel.

Described as an open-world game, it follows Snake as he wakes up from a nine-year coma.

A gameplay demonstration showed the game's tutorial, with the protagonist waking up in a hospital and being forced to escape, but is too weak to stand.

However, Snake is soon aided by a man named Ishmael, a character who many are speculating is voiced by 24 star Kiefer Sutherland.

Kojima was at GDC discussing the new Fox Engine that Kojima Productions were building when he officially unveiled the game.

A trailer for Metal Gear Solid 5 was also shown, featuring footage from both Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain.

It was also confirmed at the end of the video teaser that the game would be coming to both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Associate
While i enjoy the main series, greatly in fact.

Can Kojima not make another IP, just seems obsessive.

Last time he wanted to do that or tried... I'm pretty sure he got a lot of death threats. He has said that he wants to work on other stuff, but there's a part of the MGS fan base that is pretty demanding it seems and does not want others to work on it, despite him trying to "train" his staff to take the lead of a mgs game. Pretty sure that's the situation, read it and watched it somewhere...

Also I'm excited for this! :D

Back
Top Bottom