METAL GEAR SURVIVE

Soldato
That new demo that came out 6 months back beats any outlast game to me

so sad they didn't make it :(

It beats everything in the horror department, just like the original games did. The audiowork alone is just nerve-wracking. Having a madman like Kojima at the helm would have been great for the series, now SH is pretty much dead.

Soldato
That new demo that came out 6 months back beats any outlast game to me

so sad they didn't make it :(
Completely agree though on Outlast I find that game to be way over rated. Dragged on too long and was only scary for the intro imo

PT was so strong imo as it was almost photorealistic! So much detail

Soldato
Erm, isn't "Death Stranding" Silent Hills in everything but name?

Don't know where you got that from, it seems like a completely different concept. Silents Hills was supposed to be a new take on a fantastic horror series that's gone downhill with its latest iterations, Death Stranding is Kojima's original work and it's hard to even make inferences as to what it's really like since there's no gameplay.
It seems closer to MGS with a horror/thriller twist if the trailers are anything to go by.

Caporegime
Oh OK. I was just going by random redditors who've been saying it's the spiritual successor to SH. Actually I only recently bought a copy of SH2 for my PS2 and need to get around to playing it :p I hear it's quite good...

Soldato
It's an amazing game, you're in for a treat. Very atmospheric and great soundtrack by Akira Yamaoka. They don't make horror games like that anymore, you should also play 3 if you can get it.

4 is different, many people think it's worse and I somewhat agree, but still very much worth playing for the locations, story and music. It's just not as scary as its predecessors but more twisted and unsettling.

Caporegime
Wow, this BETA absolutely sucks on PC.... can't change any settings or key bindings and the controller options just shows an Xbox pad (I don't have one plugged in) :/

The mouse doesn't seem to work on the menu screens either. Yet to have a go on console.

Associate
Come again....

I don't know the mechanics of this new game (I have no interest in buying it). Anyone care to provide a small summary?

Generally I'd say that gameplay impressions have been favourable. However, they've introduced a system where additional character slots are locked behind a paywall. There's a lot of mixed information surrounding this, claiming it's save slots, but as I understand it in actuality this means that you can create/customise a character for your main game and save normally. However, if you wanted to experiment with a different character build you'd need to pay for the pleasure of having/storing two simultaneous differing characters.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...an-extra-character-slot-in-metal-gear-survive

Back
Top Bottom