Poll: Mexican Grand Prix 2022, Mexico City - Race 20

Rate the Mexican Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think Red Bull will start being wary of Mercedes into next season now that they seem to be somewhat competitive now.
Let's be honest, they won't really be worried because they've probably shifted development to the 2023 car full time about 3 months ago.

That's more than likely as much of the reason Mercedes have 'caught up' - Red Bull had this wrapped up and didn't need to keep wasting the budget on this car when it could be spent on next year's car.

Man of Honour
yup!

Do it for teams too. Based off of say a 2 season or 3 seasons, whoever out of the 3 seasons finishes last, gets dumped out of the f1 and replaced by the top f2 team from tyhe last 3 seasons

Its a decent idea but the reality is that the F2 teams just don't have the money, infrstructure or likely even desire to be driving around at the back in F1.

The only way I could see if working would be if the customer car concept from 2007/2008 was brought back so an F2 team could partner with an F1 team and essentially buy a car off them

Associate
Let's be honest, they won't really be worried because they've probably shifted development to the 2023 car full time about 3 months ago.

That's more than likely as much of the reason Mercedes have 'caught up' - Red Bull had this wrapped up and didn't need to keep wasting the budget on this car when it could be spent on next year's car.
What makes you think Mercedes have kept pushing this car?

I know they brought updates but, surely that benefits them next year as well. Don’t think it’s so clear!

Soldato
I was sat with my son waiting for the RB tyres to drop off and with 6 laps to go it became clear that wasn’t ever happening.

Mercedes and others got caught out with how well the S & M tyres were holding onto lap time at the end.

Last edited:
Soldato
We can guess all we want but there’s no denying Merc are challenging now and miles ahead of where they were in the first few races. Lewis was only what 8 laps off the win last race? P2 today. That bodes well for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom