Poll: Miami Grand Prix 2022, Miami - Race 5

Rate the 2022 Miami Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'll just have it on in the background as I hop on Zwift. It doesn't look like a track that'll give good racing.

I think we'll have 3 red flags. One by Latifi

Commissario
Probably fixated at the TV when Danica is on, totally forgetting anything else is happening, unless that was just me.
It was both me and my wife!

I actually quite like the circuit, I think the entire race weekend looks like a fantastic spectacle and would love to be there for the atmosphere this weekend. They do know how to put on a show.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Did Merc swap Hamilton and Russell's cars after practice? Striking how GR went backwards and suffered from huge porpoising in qually. Almost as if it was a wholly different car...;)

/fanboybait

Soldato
I quite like the track. It’s been thrown together on a car park in about a year and it’s still better than Monaco :p That being said, in my view most tracks are better than Monaco.

Not the first time I’ve watched racing at this venue. DRL has been running races from this place for a while!

Happy with quali. I wanted Sainz to clinch it, but P2 is a good recovery effort. Charles does seem to have the edge.

Max lost it on his last hot lap but I reckon he could have take pole or P2. He is still dangerous from P3, in more ways than turn one! :p

The track opening night was cringe. Had to turn it off.

Let’s see what the race brings. I reckon 2-3 red flags and Max P1 (if his car does not break down).

Soldato
I can’t see how anyone (even Ferrari) would get away from the Red Bull on that ludicrously long straight. Leclerc doesn’t look like he could get more than 1 sec lead before DRS gets turned on.

Soldato
That female interviewer to Leclerc, "Good jaarb, high five!!"
Typical yanks. :D
God that was hideous. There’s something really patronising about saying “good job” to a multimillionaire F1 driver driving at the pinnacle of the sport, like you would a five year old that did a nice drawing to hang on the fridge. Lols.. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Riciardo struggling at McLaren. Some questions to be answered shortly me thinks.
He was 2 tenths faster than Norris in Q1, had a downshift issue on his first run in Q2, spent most of the time after that I assume having that checked/fixed and was only released with 10 seconds spare to start his second run, crossing the line with just 2 seconds to go, so his tyres would have been cooked and judging by his top speed on the backstraight (196mph compared to 200+ for everyone else) he might have needed to use some of the battery just to make it to the line in time.

Ricciardo isn't doing the great job people expected when he joined, but yesterday's result wasn't his fault.

Reactions: JRS
Soldato
Regarding Ricciardo, I hate to say it but he probably gets a lot of leeway due to being such a likeable character (at least to us punters watching in telly, who knows what he’s actually like ). He’s a good draw for fans but unfortunately for him so is Lando, especially when pulling in the twitch/gaming crowd. Assuming Lando finishes better than him this season, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a shuffle. That said, any lower ranked team would be happy to have him.

Associate
I dont get it, how did this car even make it to the production line.

Surely when it was designed this flaw was apparent, it must have been porpoising during trials.

Another thing is I know spending caps are a thing but they can go over with penalties, would it not be better just to scrap the desing, accept the penalties and just go with another?

Surely there is an alternative they have been working on off grid?

This has turned Mercedies from the best in the business to a laughing stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom