Micro Machines World Series

Soldato
I hope you have your own screen so to speak on multiplayer rather than 12 crammed on a shared space. Hope that makes sense. I'm sure it would be too manic otherwise.

Answered my own question.

Releasing in June 2017, Micro Machines World Series will support up to 12 players online and four players on the same screen, across a variety of racing and battling environments. Each of the 12 vehicles has its own unique load-out of weapons and abilities and the game will launch with a massive range of customisation options.

From the website:
http://www.codemasters.com/micro-machines-world-series-coming-spring-2017/

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks for the footage, looks great! One of the players was complaining about it being 'slippy, slidey' but IIRC the originals were just like that so glad they've kept similar driving mechanics! :)

Soldato
Yeh depended on the vehicle. I vaguely remember a drag car on mm2 that was v fast and turned on rails but the hovercrafts had to turn waaaay before a corner. Looking forward to it now.

Soldato
Looks good. Bit gutted there aren't more vehicles though

Bit of a flashback, driving the ice cream van round the breakfast table with the horn held down, and it plays that little jingle :p

Edit. Just looking at this screenshot. I hope they include more vehicles eventually. The ride on lawn mower or tuktuk would be a hoot.

Edit. Screenshots not working. Odd

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm not great but I'm not too worried. It does seem odd that there are almost as many game modes as tracks, though maybe there will be a couple as DLC? Handling will just be a case of getting used to it I think. I just hope online is decent. For £18 I wasn't expecting too much to be fair.

Okay just had a quick blast and can see some of the issues. It doesn't so much feel like the handling per say, but how much you move when people run into you. When you combine this will weapons that are almost impossible to avoid it just feels unfair.

I'll probably play with weapons off anyway to get rid of this issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
Played 4 player local skirmish on this at the weekend and it was great fun.
Nice addition of the homing missile for people that are out of the race on elimination, really adds an extra competitive element too it as it really is easy to fall off/behind.
Probably not a game to play alone, but for a group of people it's great fun.

Back
Top Bottom