1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Micro usb stick, recommendations please

Discussion in 'Storage Drives' started by RobTi, Nov 9, 2018.

1. RobTi

Gangster

Hi sorry if this is the wrong place but it’s storage after all, I need a micro ( if that’s what it is called, really short projection) usb stick to place in my av receiver to play music files (usb is hidden behind a flap that I need to keep closed), so never bought one like this before, so can anyone recommend any or do I just go with a recognised brand ?
    Thanks

2. Omega_

Gangster

Kingston

3. RobTi

Gangster

Thanks for that,

4. Distracted

Hitman

I've used plenty of SanDisk ones without issues.
    They are also fairly common so they should have a decent selection of varying sizes.

Edit: physical sizes i mean, not just storage space.

5. Armageus

Don

Microsd card in a small usb reader is another option

6. Semple

Mobster

I've got a SanDisk cruiser (i think that's what they're called) that's about the size of the top half of your thumb. Although beware that the write speeds on this model are shocking, something akin to what you'd expect from a cheap chinese knock-off rather than a reputable brand like SanDisk.

7. RobTi

Gangster

Thanks all, I tried the microsd card in a usb reader but sticks out too much for the flap to close. It would need to be shorter than a phono plug

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  8. Distracted

Hitman

Have you had a look at the sandisk fit range? They are just a little taller than a usb slot. There are various types but if you google sandisk fit you should see a few to give you an idea.

Or ulta fit if fit is too broad a term. But they do fit products without the ultra in the name as well iirc.

9. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

"Nano USB Drive" is what you need, i have a Verbatim Store 'n' Stay in one of the laptops, has been fine.