Microphone Advise

Associate
Just found the Blue Yeti Blackout Professional for £84.99. So, this or the Elgato Wave:1 for £79.19? I don't like the G Hub however, so this could be a deciding factor unless Sherpa software can still be used?

Any suggestions @EsaT
Tbf thats a close one tbf, from what Ive seen of the 2 online I would go for the Wave. I cant see anything about if it works with Sherpa though and considering Elgato is owned by Corsair and Blue is part of Logitech I doubt it would work with Sherpa.

Thats actually a tough one.

Edit: Elgato does have their own software for the Wave also, it looks like its very in depth and can do a lot. So still may be worth consideration.

Soldato
OP
Tbf thats a close one tbf, from what Ive seen of the 2 online I would go for the Wave. I cant see anything about if it works with Sherpa though and considering Elgato is owned by Corsair and Blue is part of Logitech I doubt it would work with Sherpa.

Thats actually a tough one.

Edit: Elgato does have their own software for the Wave also, it looks like its very in depth and can do a lot. So still may be worth consideration.

I ordered the Wave:1 as the software looks impressive and now I need an arm that's compatible, any suggestions?

Associate
I ordered the Wave:1 as the software looks impressive and now I need an arm that's compatible, any suggestions?
Any microphone arm you can buy will work, from my experience though don't buy the cheapest possible one. From what ive seen it looks like the base it is on screws off so it can be mounted to a microphone arm.

There is an InnoGear one on Amazon which looks alright, it's currently £37.99

Soldato
OP
Any microphone arm you can buy will work, from my experience though don't buy the cheapest possible one. From what ive seen it looks like the base it is on screws off so it can be mounted to a microphone arm.

There is an InnoGear one on Amazon which looks alright, it's currently £37.99

It looks identical to the one on Argos for £13.00? May have to get creative with cable management too.

Associate
It looks identical to the one on Argos for £13.00? May have to get creative with cable management too.
It might be the same arm but branded different. I just had a quick search on Amazon just to see.

Cable management is easy with an arm, just use zip ties or the velcro equivalent to tie the cable along the arm. Thats how I did it with my XLR cable.

EDIT: This is the arm I was looking at, there is a different InnoGear arm InnoGear Large Microphone Boom Arm Mic Stand Adjustable Clip Studio Suspension Scissor Arm Mount for Blue Snowball, Blue Snowball ICE, Blue Yeti, Blue Yeti X, Blue Yeti Pro, Blue Yeti Nano : Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments & DJ

Soldato
OP
It might be the same arm but branded different. I just had a quick search on Amazon just to see.

Cable management is easy with an arm, just use zip ties or the velcro equivalent to tie the cable along the arm. Thats how I did it with my XLR cable.

Pretty good with a Zip Tie lately! Going on the bay to have a peak now, don't mind spending a few quid to get a decent one.

Associate
Pretty good with a Zip Tie lately! Going on the bay to have a peak now, don't mind spending a few quid to get a decent one.
Use them tasty savings to put towards a nicer arm. I would recommend it massively, I regret I cheaped out on the arm (£8 from the bay) and its awful and ive been too lazy to buy a new one.

Soldato
OP
Use them tasty savings to put towards a nicer arm. I would recommend it massively, I regret I cheaped out on the arm (£8 from the bay) and its awful and ive been too lazy to buy a new one.

Currently looking at a Thronmax Caster-Boom Arm, looks good a tad expensive but looks worth it.

Associate
Think im going to have to keep a look out for a new microphone also on Black Friday, my AT2020 has done me good for 5 years but now I have the upgrade itch. Damn this thread making me want to upgrade :D

Soldato
OP
Think im going to have to keep a look out for a new microphone also on Black Friday, my AT2020 has done me good for 5 years but now I have the upgrade itch. Damn this thread making me want to upgrade :D

Upgrade itch bite me ages ago and haven’t stopped since.

I initially moved from Astro A50 to DT770 and a G6. I did think about a mod mic but wanted something more complete for the future. Overall I’m happy so far with the choices made, just need a boom arm and set.

Associate
Im technically fine with the AT2020 (XLR version) but now ive got the itch to upgrade and get something better. Might have to see whats about and keep my eyes peeled on Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

Back
Top Bottom