Microsoft Chromium Edge - Now Available to Download

Permabanned
OP
To me this is still a beta product considering they've still got a whole host of sync features that say "coming soon" lol.

There are 4 things that requires to be turned on "History, Open Tabs, Extensions and Collections" Hardly anything to worry about as a product. You could say that these are features ready to be turned on soon. It's out of beta that's why it was released yesterday. You could say that about any product.

Permabanned
OP
They haven't done themselves any favours getting people to move from windows 7, they should put incentives on a lot more than now to get people to move over. I think it might be down to security that they decided to put MCE onto 7.

I removed IE+Edge anyway from the systems I have installed MCE onto so it's all good.

Permabanned
OP
Isn't it still under discussion? It's not planned yet but the developers are open to more feedback about it from users: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/top-feedback-summary-for-january-8/m-p/1097194

Ah that's interesting it might not come if that's the case. Looks like more people don't want it integrated. Funny thing is most of them is saying because of privacy when Microsoft harvests data from Windows 10 anyway ha ha! so funny.

Could you imaging cross browser syncing, how awesome would that be! Chrome/Firefox sync. Means you would only need 1 account for all the services but the question is who would it be hosted with!

Permabanned
OP
Impressed with it so far, do wonder due to it being built on Chromium if it'll have the correct flag for the handful of sites that state you need Chrome to be able to use it.

I have just checked my user agent and this is the following info I get inside the browser.

Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.117 Safari/537.36 Edg/79.0.309.65

Permabanned
OP
There was xBrowserSync which I tried when I was fed up with FF Android (Moved to Kiwi as it supported extensions) but wanted to keep using the desktop version, but last time I tried it, it had a lot of sync issues. Haven't tried it recently as Kiwi no longer supports the extension but seems development on it has stalled.

It would be much better if it was integrated though and not with 3rd party add ons.

Permabanned
OP
Any time on this? Its basically all that's holding me off.

Someone in here mentioned that it's in discussion somewhere, I am not sure of a time scale. This would be fab to sync across platforms. The thing I would have loved to see is one providor where all browsers natively syncs across all platforms! Wouldn't this be great? By this I mean actually built into browsers not some.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom