Microsoft Flight Simulator

Caporegime
Will MS ever put their Flight Sim software on to the Xbox 360? They could sell it with a proper flight joystick type thing and have an on-screen virtual keyboard instead of a real keyboard. I've never had the patience to sit down and squint at my PC screen to try it but I'm sure I'd give it a go lounging about in front of an HDTV.

Caporegime
OP
Had a blast with this this afternoon. Didn't do any of the learning stuff yet, just using the AI Pilot feature and admiring the scenery. It does need some work though. Plotting a course from KLAX (LA) to KLAS (Las Vegas) and it did the take off and manoeuvring right but then promptly set an altitude of 1600ft and stayed there which meant my Airbus A320neo crashed into the mountain range near Pasadena. :D Most bizarre.

I can see me just spending days not even playing this - just using it as a more spectacular Google Earth and flying over so many different places that I would want to visit in real life but probably never will.

Caporegime
OP
I'm getting so many hilarious video recordings of the AI Pilot. I'm not sure if this is a new feature just introduced with the Xbox but it sure gets itself in a muddle a lot. Trying to land at London City airport and it flies past the runway and crashes into a block of flats.

Caporegime
OP
I disable the ai pilot stuff, just learning the in plane instrument auto pilot, I do have ATC ai pilot enabled though as can’t be bothered with that.

Oh, of course I never even thought about the onboard AI. For long flights, I just want it to take care of itself whilst I go and wash the dishes or something and nip back and see if anything interesting is happening. :p

It's very addictive though. I am very much an armchair traveller and have got a list of places as long as my arm that I'm working my through. Just done the Grand Canyon this afternoon.

Caporegime
OP
I've learnt to set a depart and arrival run way now so at least I can always get back on track after going on an adventure. 9hrs flying so far, not many good landings something I need to work on.

Can you set a new destination mid flight? I tend to start off with a predetermined course, see something I like and go and have a look but I stick it on AI Pilot so it means the original destination is cancelled. And then I can't find a way to get it back again as the Flight Assistant only shows things near to you.

Caporegime
OP
Heck, just reading these posts about all the controls makes my brain seize up. I still just fly around with everything done on AI and enjoy the views. Currently flying about 1000 ft above US Highway 101 all the way up from LA to Aberdeen, Washington.

Back
Top Bottom