Microsoft Security Essentials released today

Soldato
Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

Microsoft Security Essentials is a free* download from Microsoft that is simple to install, easy to use, and always kept up to date so you can be assured your PC is protected by the latest technology. It’s easy to tell if your PC is secure — when you’re green, you’re good. It’s that simple.

Microsoft Security Essentials runs quietly and efficiently in the background so that you are free to use your Windows-based PC the way you want—without interruptions or long computer wait times.
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Soldato
Hi, I've just uninstalled this as it dragged both my laptops performances down considerably, a Acer 8930 and a 5920. Gone back to just vista's defender...
Chris

Soldato
There's a nice AV sticky at the top of this forum, just so you know. ;) chriscatt, good luck with using only Defender. I recently tested (in a VM) several solutions against a folder with well over 3,700 known malware samples inside.

Windows Defender, with the latest definitions, managed to find all 5 of them. Oh... wait... :o

Don
There's a nice AV sticky at the top of this forum, just so you know. ;) chriscatt, good luck with using only Defender. I recently tested (in a VM) several solutions against a folder with well over 3,700 known malware samples inside.

Windows Defender, with the latest definitions, managed to find all 5 of them. Oh... wait... :o

rainmaker, do you have a link to where I can get that ?

Soldato
Ms Security Essentials comes as standard in Win7 and I've found it to be excellent in the rc.

If you want to test your pc security, you could try Pcflank as one of the many test sites.

Back
Top Bottom