**** Microsoft Surface Book Thread ****

Man of Honour
Which isn't even comparable.
The base model is basically comparable to the MacBook, and the 2.5k is way above what the MacBook can offer.

Associate
I'd not heard of these until now and wondered what them pen tips were in the 'what have you bought today' thread! Makes sense now...

It is a very nice looking piece of kit.

Man of Honour
The Surface Dock comes in two parts, power brick and the dock itself:

RBpDYHa.jpg

The security lock is on the left and two more USB 3 ports on the other side.

The power lead could be a little longer but otherwise it is nice to have such a small dock on the desk.

Man of Honour
I had a play with one in a Microsoft store in the US last week. It is a lovely piece of kit. I am content with my Surface Pro 3 for this generation but when that is at the end of its life (or gets nicked like my Pro 1) I will be looking at whatever generation Surface book is out. I am going to get a Pro4 keyboard for my 3 though as it is much better.

Man of Honour
Firmware update:

The following update will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 12/3/2015” or “System Hardware Update – 12/3/2015” within the Windows Update History..

•HD Graphics 520 driver update (v20.19.15.4326) improves display stability.

•Surface Display Calibration driver update (v1.1.381.0) supports compatibility with the updated graphics driver.

Man of Honour
MS apologizing to buyers of Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book...

First, a big thanks to all of our customers for your open and candid feedback on Surface Book and Surface Pro 4. For those of you who've had a less-than-perfect experience, we’re sorry for any frustration this has caused. Please know that we're reading your comments and hearing you loud and clear. Your input is incredibly valuable in helping us address your questions with timely updates and fixes. Since launch, we have aggressively pursued the most pressing feedback. We have already issued a number of updates via Windows Update and are working to issue additional updates and fixes as soon as possible to further improve the overall Surface experience. To ensure that you have received the most recent updates, we recommend you check out our support page with instructions on how to download and install the latest Surface and Windows updates. Surface Book update history can be found here

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ate/surface-book-update-history?os=windows-10

and Surface Pro 4 update history can be found here.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...te/surface-pro-4-update-history?os=windows-10

Thanks again for your feedback. We’ll continue to communicate as updates and fixes become available via moderator posts to http://answers.microsoft.com/forum/surface. If you have any additional support questions, please visit our main support page.

-The Microsoft Surface Team

Man of Honour
Had a play with one at work as I could get a pretty decent discount - but ended up walking away with a Toshiba Click 10 instead - while its pretty amazing what specs they've fit into the size it just pushes over the weight threshold for me with that kind of device (atleast for my use).

IMO these kind of devices are the future though - easily replace pretty much everything except my gaming PC and with an upgradeable GPU could probably even replace that (lol heat displacement - though some brands are experimenting with putting an additional higher spec GPU into the base now).

Back
Top Bottom