Microsoft Teams

Permabanned
Unsure if its Windows 11 interfering but I couldnt join a meeting yesterday with the actual desktop app, had to open it in the web gui. Wouldnt let me login with work 365 email, said it didnt exist. :confused:

Wonder if I have two versions installed due to win 11....

Soldato
Unsure if its Windows 11 interfering but I couldnt join a meeting yesterday with the actual desktop app, had to open it in the web gui. Wouldnt let me login with work 365 email, said it didnt exist. :confused:

Wonder if I have two versions installed due to win 11....

I'm getting some sort of clash with work 365 emails. It asks if I set up the account myself or if IT dept set it up when I try to log in.

I haven't changed anything since uninstalling the desktop app and just opening two browsers (1 chrome, 1 edge) to use the web app for two separate clients.

Soldato
Setting things up for the first time with a 365 business standard sub. I must say I'm rather surprised at how permissive the default permissions are. Some admins must have kittens at the thought of users inviting guests from outside your own org that could then inadvertently have access to your orgs docs / IP. What with the multitude of apps also that someone can add to a team that can collect all sorts of data. It seems like potentially a rather leaky sieve for data.

Soldato
I'm a big fan of Teams and don't have any grumbles about the UI.

We're in the process of porting our PSTN lines into Teams so we're doing away with the need for A N Other softphone. Feedback from the users is excellent, they've become very used to using Teams over the last 2 years and are happy that all their calls now end up there.

Soldato
I've been using Teams in a Chrome browser, using the business Gmail account to keep it separate from the personal browser. It worked OK for a while, with switching between accounts being the main issue. After some persistence clicking on the account I wanted to switch to, it would work.

Now though, if I try to switch to "Personal", I just get a constantly redirected page flickering between "teams.live.com" and "teams.microsoft.com". These are the two that the browser constantly flicks between (tenantId and login email removed):
  1. https://teams.live.com/?tenantId=
  2. https://teams.microsoft.com/?auth=msal_dev3&tenantId=
EDIT: It appears clearing cached data fixed the issue above.

On a separate note, which I may have already mentioned in this thread, I don't understand the need to specify how I want to log in - ie via "Work or school account" or "Personal account".

Last edited:
Associate
I've been using Teams in a Chrome browser, using the business Gmail account to keep it separate from the personal browser. It worked OK for a while, with switching between accounts being the main issue. After some persistence clicking on the account I wanted to switch to, it would work.

Now though, if I try to switch to "Personal", I just get a constantly redirected page flickering between "teams.live.com" and "teams.microsoft.com". These are the two that the browser constantly flicks between (tenantId and login email removed):
  1. https://teams.live.com/?tenantId=
  2. https://teams.microsoft.com/?auth=msal_dev3&tenantId=
EDIT: It appears clearing cached data fixed the issue above.

On a separate note, which I may have already mentioned in this thread, I don't understand the need to specify how I want to log in - ie via "Work or school account" or "Personal account".
I'd imagine the separate log in thing is routing related, and you could have overlapping domain names. Still seems like something they could merge.

You'll probably need to clear cache to get Teams web working again. Sometimes even requires a bit of manual intervention; I remember digging around temp files a year or two ago with the same issue.

Soldato
I have the Teams app installed for my work account, then two profiles in Edge for different clients who require me to use their own o365 domain - but could equally use another profile for Edge for my work account
The latest version of Teams on the web now supports background replacement, so quite usable

Don
It really doesn't. Perhaps some user training will sort it out for you.
It's slow
No integration with Windows taskbar jumplist
No real support for multiple Windows or popping out documents
No ability to browse folder structure whilst in a document

Installation is very messy, if there are multiple users on a PC, each of them ends up with their own Teams exe, instead of using ProgramFiles or ProgramData as a central point.

Permabanned
I have the Teams app installed for my work account, then two profiles in Edge for different clients who require me to use their own o365 domain - but could equally use another profile for Edge for my work account
The latest version of Teams on the web now supports background replacement, so quite usable

I would be tempted to use different browsers for each login until they get the multi use login finished properly. I use teams native client but only use one business account.

Soldato
I would be tempted to use different browsers for each login until they get the multi use login finished properly. I use teams native client but only use one business account.
Edge's separate profiles works fine, each one runs in it's own separate process isolated from the other. You can also create a Teams "App" in Edge, and it will use the chosen profile. Quite happily have multiple versions of Teams that way

The important thing is to ensure you create a separate profile for each work account

Permabanned
Edge's separate profiles works fine, each one runs in it's own separate process isolated from the other. You can also create a Teams "App" in Edge, and it will use the chosen profile. Quite happily have multiple versions of Teams that way

The important thing is to ensure you create a separate profile for each work account

Not if you want to use it at the same time it's not, otherwise you back and forth all the time in and out of profiles. Not good.

Associate
It's slow
No integration with Windows taskbar jumplist
No real support for multiple Windows or popping out documents
No ability to browse folder structure whilst in a document

Installation is very messy, if there are multiple users on a PC, each of them ends up with their own Teams exe, instead of using ProgramFiles or ProgramData as a central point.
Not perfect but for the handful of multi user machines I have the machine wide installer works quite well, you still end up with a copy of the .exe in the users profile which is a pain, but at least it updates itself.

Associate
Whilst not slow per say it is a bit clunky and a resource hog even on a relatively modern laptop, i7 with 16GB RAM, hopefully the 2.0 rewrite which moves away from the Electron framework will be a little better and more responsive.

Soldato
Not if you want to use it at the same time it's not, otherwise you back and forth all the time in and out of profiles. Not good.
I have to disagree - do you use profiles in Edge? they are the equivalent of a separate browser, with their own pinned tabs, their own credentials
I quite happily sit with my work tabs open in one profile window, with my primary client's teams and tabs open in another profile window, and when I get a contact from the second client, I can open that profile (whilst still keeping the other two open as totally separate instances of Edge) and check Teams/Emails etc.
It is an absolute dream!

Back
Top Bottom