*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
It feels like were going backwards with every new version of windows ms brings out now....

But we said all this stuff about windows 10 about disliking it as it was felt a downgrade to windows 7, but we got use to it after a few years.. So no doubt that what will happen with windows 11, we will get use to it and make do,, because no doubt microsoft will force us to use windows 11 somehow.

V F

V F

Soldato
It feels like were going backwards with every new version of windows ms brings out now....

But we said all this stuff about windows 10 about disliking it as it was felt a downgrade to windows 7, but we got use to it after a few years.. So no doubt that what will happen with windows 11, we will get use to it and make do,, because no doubt microsoft will force us to use windows 11 somehow.

The thought is now entering my mind now between 2022 and 2025 to start trying out Linux distros. I'm not really liking the way Microsoft is taking Windows and at the same time how poor their quality control is and the bugs in the OS.

Options? No, can't be having that.

Caporegime
I think I'm going to install the preview build of this now.

I'm hoping it will fix my windows moving themselves around to random positions on my screen when the PC goes to sleep and wakes back up.

Is this really risky on a main PC?

Man of Honour
The thought is now entering my mind now between 2022 and 2025 to start trying out Linux distros. I'm not really liking the way Microsoft is taking Windows and at the same time how poor their quality control is and the bugs in the OS.

I'm fairly familiar with Ubuntu and Debian (including back in the day setting up a desktop environment from scratch using x window and fluxbox, etc. even doing shell programming) but it is a long way from replacing a Windows desktop setup for me or I'd have left Windows behind long ago. Never mind stuff like gaming.

I actually keep a Ubuntu USB install handy if I'm traveling with just my Windows 10 systems as it wouldn't be the first time it has let me down at an inconvenient moment and sadly my newer mobile systems (GPD Pocket, i7 10870H laptop, etc.) aren't supported on 7.

Associate
I've been using it for a while and apart from the new look I can't see much else has changed. It's a bit more sluggish than Windows 10 but that always seems the case after a upgrade. Hopefully when it's released I can do a clean install. One thing I have noticed is better gaming performance.

Permabanned

QC seems fine and bugs seems fairly minimal for a Beta. Lots got fixed pretty sharpish as well.

Soldato
I have been using win 11 as my main OS since the first dev build and most of the noticeable bugs got fixed in the first few updates. The only thing for me now is HWiNFO and app's like that cannot detect some setting. Think this might be down to extra security been enabled by default but?

Soldato
Just took the plunge and installed 11. Must say really liking it so far.

I like it too, I have to say that I dont understand the "its trying to be like osx" argument, because its nothing like it! curvy corners doesn't equal it being like osx, i see no more similarities really, people will always compare though, thats just how it is.

Associate
I really cant see myself installing this any time soon.

Windows 10 is perfect and even gaming wise there's still no real reason to switch.. right?

Back
Top Bottom