Midjourney - AI art

GJM

GJM

Associate
I've been doing some (very) initial dabbling into AI generated images. Using various websites, I've been trying to generate accurate representations of classic cars. How come they do such a poor job?? If the car in question is very well known, a classic Mini for example, results can be great. However if a less known model (let's say a Hillman Imp) then it really struggles. What I don't understand is there is tens of thousands of pictures of Hillman Imps out there. Why can't the AI replicate these half decently? What am I missing?

Soldato
I've been doing some (very) initial dabbling into AI generated images. Using various websites, I've been trying to generate accurate representations of classic cars. How come they do such a poor job?? If the car in question is very well known, a classic Mini for example, results can be great. However if a less known model (let's say a Hillman Imp) then it really struggles. What I don't understand is there is tens of thousands of pictures of Hillman Imps out there. Why can't the AI replicate these half decently? What am I missing?

Perhaps add in as many tags as you can for the Hillman Imp...

Last edited:
Soldato

I thought it looked pretty good?

Fq197tn.jpeg

image of a hillman imp car set in a winding road amongst rocky mountains with woodlands

Caporegime
How come they do such a poor job?? If the car in question is very well known, a classic Mini for example, results can be great. However if a less known model (let's say a Hillman Imp) then it really struggles. What I don't understand is there is tens of thousands of pictures of Hillman Imps out there. Why can't the AI replicate these half decently? What am I missing?

There are way fewer images of that type of car than of a classic Mini in the training set so if you are seeing issues in the tool you're using it's likely down to that.

It doesn't seem too bad though, a quick test with DALL·E 3. It recalls the general details but seems to have hallucinated the grille and the style of the front a bit:

y6pFNEE.png
1A1wIT5.png

Those differences are just down to the lack of images of that car vs the mini.

Perhaps add in as many tags as you can for the Hillman Imp...

If you add parameters in say a tool like Midjourney that's generally to impact the style of the image, it's not likely to have much impact on the ability to draw some object from memory if it's less familiar with it than some other object.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've noticed a lot of these AI image generators now have guidelines in place that stops them from depicting certain public figures.

There might be a way around it, especially when using offline models but I had no such issues a few months ago.

Soldato
There are way fewer images of that type of car than of a classic Mini in the training set so if you are seeing issues in the tool you're using it's likely down to that.

It doesn't seem too bad though, a quick test with DALL·E 3. It recalls the general details but seems to have hallucinated the grille and the style of the front a bit:

y6pFNEE.png
1A1wIT5.png

Those differences are just down to the lack of images of that car vs the mini.

If you add parameters in say a tool like Midjourney that's generally to impact the style of the image, it's not likely to have much impact on the ability to draw some object from memory if it's less familiar with it than some other object.
what is going on with that bus :o

Associate
i've been playing around with Stable Diffusion, using the Easy Diffusion frontend. i have it locally so it runs on my GPU. it's an RTX 2060. so not the fastest, or card with the most VRAM card out there, but amongst the settings is the option to use minumum VRAM which, when using certain ControlNets is vital

i have this weird obsession with generating cats in hats (don't ask me why) but when i use text to image i've also tried other prompts. lightning has been another angle i've enjoyed

419337444_10223702265401424_1414614481877268262_n.jpg

Man of Honour
Just generally playing with the Hillman Imp idea but leaving the details mostly up to the AI:

Ze7I3tz.png

I have no idea how it got to this one:

iNGeFpM.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Video prompting is pretty cool now, OpenAI's latest model can generate 1 minute long high def clips from word prompts:

snip..

Everyday the dead internet theory becomes more and more of a reality. Youtube shorts are already overrun with Ai voice overs and collages of AI images.

Back
Top Bottom