Midweek Football Thread

Soldato
I'm going to have to leave this at half-time to go play five-a-side, so we'd better be winning comfortably by then. Our formbook against Koeman says we won't, though. :/

Caporegime
I'm going to have to leave this at half-time to go play five-a-side, so we'd better be winning comfortably by then. Our formbook against Koeman says we won't, though. :/

Aye, looks like Wenger has changed the formation too, looked more like a 4-4-2 just then, why fix it when it ain't broken? :(

Soldato
Flanks could be weak with both Sagna and Clichy being replaced by Eboue and Gibbs respectively. I do like Gibbs though, even though he made a glaring error against Man Utd last year in the CL.

v.Persie close!

Soldato
Can anyone comment on the sponserless shirts that Liverpool and Lyon are wearing? I may have been living under a rock

Thanks.

Soldato
Wow, that was a remarkably easy goal to score. Cesc hits a not-particularly fast, low shot from 25-yeards out, the keeper dives for it... and somehow lets it go underneath him.

I'll take it though.

Soldato
Lyon are sponsored by a betting firm. It is illegal for them to wear the sponsors whilst on French soil. I am guessing likewise with alcohol and Liverpool.

That may clear things up

BUT is it something to do with conflicted sponsers? I remember when Chelsea played the team that Abramovich sponsers, and I'm sure that there was no on shirt sponsers?

*EDIT* Surely that can not be correct as the CL is sponsered by Heineken? My choice of beer tonight BTW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom