Midweek Football Thread

Watched the Fulham game tonight and thought they were really unlucky.

I think they're playing really well under RH and didn't deserve to be on the wrong end of an awful ref decision, which basically was the turning point in the game.

Six (or whatever it was) officials and they still get it wrong.

Oh ffs, well done you went unbeaten, you've done **** all since.

We won the treble and continued to win things, you're not a competitor to MU, not at the moment anyway.

Chelsea and MU are MU's only competitors to the league.

Your a step higher than Liverpool at the moment in the way that you look great one game, utter **** the next.

MU have been awful for most of this season yet we're still higher than you :confused:

In fact I'm struggling to think of one game where MU looked like MU this season, Wigan away maybe.

Ok calm down lad

I implore you to show one game this season where Arsenal have been 'utter ****'

Also, Arsenal have a game in hand on Man Utd and that's why they're a place lower

Why are you ignoring the fact that Arsenal were close in 07/08 and have reached a CL semi and final in the last few years (which have been an obvious transition phase). I'd like to have this conversation in another 2 years time when I think Arsenal will have won either the CL or prem, they're definitely progressing hugely and only an ignorant person would say they're not in contention this year.

Sure, Arsenal haven't won the honours recently, but to say they haven't been there or thereabouts is a bit silly and sounds like something a Man Utd fan would say and nobody else.

So you really think you can ouscore your EPL points from last season in the 09/10 season? Yes you have started well, but I seem to recall you usually do (that is just a guess, but seeing as Utd are usually awful starters most clubs would start better lol) Its over Christmas and New Year before the league really starts splitting up

I would also suggest that to be classified as a true competitor to Chelsea or Utd any team would need to win titles repeatedly or at least be potentially winning titles into the final weeks / getting to the final /semi every year rather than every other year or so.

Its also arguable whether you where really competitive in the CL semi - the dubious penalty disguised a battering imo

Hamburgs fans felt more British than Celtic fans

axhgms.jpg

Is that deffo the Hamburg fans? Cheeky bratwurst munching gits...

Well I don't think it'd be the Celtic fans. ;)

Even at Parkhead they were in their Rangers kit due to the links between the two clubs, winding the fans up and it worked from their response. Doubt UEFA will take any action though since it's only Rangers that do any kind of sectarianism it seems.

Everton getting outclassed.

Totally, I expected it. We spent nearly nothing from last year and have less first team players than last year. With players out from the start of the seaon that atleast featured last year I said at the start a top 10 finish would be a decent result. I'm expecting about 13th or 14th.

Even if we qualify the group we will be out the next round. Tbh we need to keep whatever we have fit so I won't lose any sleep over not playing the extra fixtures. We dont have the players to be able to play 50+ games per year.

As soon as we qualify for europe we usually have a duff year unless we get knocked out early. We can't cope with extra fixtures.

Back
Top Bottom