Midweek Football Thread

Absolutely diabolical refereeing. Neither were reds, absolutely ******* ridiculous. How the first one was even a yellow, let alone a red. The second one I expected a yellow, but there was worse in the game.

How there wasn't at least a yellow on the elbow to B.H Riise in the second half, I don't know.

Absolutely robbed there.

3 reds in 2 games, we have no left back at all now, as Kelly I assume is suspended for the second game, and if Kamara isn't fit soon, we have just Bobby Zamora as a strike afaik.

Great.

Pretty decent game for Celtic tonight though poor finishing means result was 0-0, both teams' defences were poor as well.

Tel Aviv won 3-0 against Rapid so looking like Celtic pretty much out of Europe now?

I dont have a hatred for MU. I was just having a bit of fun and seeing if anyone would bite. Does that help with your confussion?
That does sound competitive to me :confused:

Which is trolling, it's fun when you have banter, I agree, I'm the banter ****ing master.

It's also spelt confusion.

The game this season was lost by Arsenal rather than won by Man U. We controlled most of the game.

So you were competitive for one game, well done but you still lost, which is what it's all about kids.

I think the reverse happened last year didnt it. When we were on a bad run and they out played us yet we still won. I guess beating them would be considered competitive. :rolleyes:

Competitive in one game yes, again well done but you're not one of our competitors, for that you have to be challenging for titles and the CL, which you haven't done for a while.

Your use of the rolleyes is interesting, I thought this was banter not a stroppy little tiff :/

Why are you ignoring the fact that Arsenal were close in 07/08 and have reached a CL semi and final in the last few years (which have been an obvious transition phase). I'd like to have this conversation in another 2 years time when I think Arsenal will have won either the CL or prem, they're definitely progressing hugely and only an ignorant person would say they're not in contention this year.

Sure, Arsenal haven't won the honours recently, but to say they haven't been there or thereabouts is a bit silly and sounds like something a Man Utd fan would say and nobody else.

The game this season was lost by Arsenal rather than won by Man U. We controlled most of the game.

Well lets be honest we lost 2 games that we should have won...should have never lost to Man Utd but for some odd reason we dominate the hell out of them but still manage to lose...the Man City loss was a complete and utter shambles of a match...mainly due to a muppet called Adebayor who took the opportunity to try and give RVP brain damage BUT we still should have never lost our composure...hopefully when we play the both of them again we put things right.

As for Chelski...i dont know if we will beat them..they have been beaten twice by Wigan and Aston so theres a chance we could roll them over and i really hope that we do.

Im really beginning to think that we have a very good chance of winning something this season be it the CL, Prem, Carling Cup or even the FA cup but it all depends on how we keep our composure and stop losing our concentration...even last night there was around 10 mins when we completely lost our shape and form and AZ threatened to score...could have easily been 2 or more rather than the one solitary goal they got. Thankfully Song had a superb game...one of his better ones and even Diaby was sort of impressive...all in all i think we played a very good game of football and having Fabulous Fab in our side shows that we are a quality footballing side.

And Man Utd and Chelski shouldnt take us lightly...if they do then i think its a massive mistake for the both of them to do that...

Last edited:
Why are you ignoring the fact that Arsenal were close in 07/08 and have reached a CL semi and final in the last few years (which have been an obvious transition phase).

I'm not ignoring that fact, like I said well done but you won **** all and that at the end of the day is what it's about.

Who came third in the 100m in the last Olympics?............Exactly.

I do ignore most of you thought tbh, there is only Goon and Weeb out of you lot that actually speak any sense.

I'd like to have this conversation in another 2 years time when I think Arsenal will have won either the CL or prem, they're definitely progressing hugely and only an ignorant person would say they're not in contention this year.

I'm not talking about what might happen, I'm talking about what has happened.

Sure, Arsenal haven't won the honours recently, but to say they haven't been there or thereabouts is a bit silly and sounds like something a Man Utd fan would say and nobody else.

See point one.

"Arsenal, great team, you know they were third and got to Champions League semi final a few times in the naughties!"

Some of the Man Utd fans on this board have a tendency to devalue anything done by any club apart from Man Utd

I give plenty of teams recognition, if they deserve it.

I'm not going to sugar coat my responses just for the Gooners :confused:

I'm not ignoring that fact, like I said well done but you won **** all and that at the end of the day is what it's about.

Who came third in the 100m in the last Olympics?............Exactly.

I do ignore most of you thought tbh, there is only Goon and Weeb out of you lot that actually speak any sense.

I'm not talking about what might happen, I'm talking about what has happened.

See point one.

"Arsenal, great team, you know they were third and got to Champions League semi final a few times in the naughties!"

Wah? Your point that Arsenal haven't come close, and they have. If you'd have said Arsenal haven't won anything then I would be happy to accept it, as they haven't

'Arsenal, great team, only team in the last century that has ever gone a whole league campaign unbeaten'

Also, I don't mind if people think I don't speak much sense, but it's kinda hard to take coming from you.

Last edited:
Wah? Your point that Arsenal haven't come close, and they have. If you'd have said Arsenal haven't won anything then I would be happy to accept it, as they haven't

'Arsenal, great team, only team in the last century that has ever gone a whole league campaign unbeaten'

Also, I don't mind if people think I speak much sense, but it's kinda hard to take coming from you.

Oh ffs, well done you went unbeaten, you've done **** all since.

We won the treble and continued to win things, you're not a competitor to MU, not at the moment anyway.

Chelsea and MU are MU's only competitors to the league.

Your a step higher than Liverpool at the moment in the way that you look great one game, utter **** the next.

MU have been awful for most of this season yet we're still higher than you :confused:

In fact I'm struggling to think of one game where MU looked like MU this season, Wigan away maybe.

Back
Top Bottom