Mike Tyson

Soldato
OP
Well that was the whole reason why I built this PC tbh. So that it would be reliable and never (hopefully) leave any puddles on the carpet, can be left running all night without me waking up having had a nightmare it was on fire and etc etc. I mean, I already had a perfectly acceptable PC, my reasoning was it was nowhere near reliable enough.

The others? don't really matter all that much. However, when you are agoraphobic and it's a working PC or no food? then yeah, it's a bit more important. That said I do have a tablet now that I bought over two years ago and forgot about, so at least I could suffer that out for an order or two if needs must.....

Soldato
OP
Yay?

This was actually super weird.

Now because of the way I built this it meant, very strictly, that I either have a 240 AIO custom cooled card in there or, I build a loop. Because of that it's a bit restricting to upgrade. IE, there is like one card I had my eye on since launch but it was £1200. This one.

3nc8nqq.jpg

I can't use the 6900XT Toxic because it has a 360 AIO on, and I don't want to remove the EK 360 AIO for the CPU because it needs it. As such I have avoided upgrading my GPU in that rig completely. Then today the exact card I said I would have bought at launch (the one pictured above) came up on OCUK for £728.

So I bought it.

TBH by the time I would have gotten a 3080 in there it would have cost me a grand. Even with a cut price 3080 that I don't even know if you can get a block for. I only play PUBG, and in UE this card is 30% faster than what I have.

Soldato
OP
Well even though I had to literally strip off every panel and gut the chassis on the front, top, left etc it was actually a pleasure. Maybe I am just getting used to how every part has about 5 pieces to it now.

yzL7nGt.jpg

The front kinda looks like a bird I got off with once.

3Yx4mg2.jpg

I was kinda crapping it a bit as to whether the GPU would even work. Especially when you consider that a PCIE 4 ribbon that long would cost you about £150. Thankfully Lian Li kick ass, and it's fine.

Ge2ZmB1.jpg

It won't go over 2400mhz atm no matter what. Given the fans and blower don't do bugger all until it's under full load I have a feeling the bios switch is in lame mode. Problem is that to get to that I need to remove three panels and the GPU. I'm bloody knackered now so that can wait. I only break things when I am this tired.

Thankful for the ROG badge I got with the PSU. There is a scratch on the glass I forgot about and it came to fore when I took the Kingpin logo off.

Soldato
OP
Nice clean build - and good choice in case - looks lovely. Did I misread that you've put a waterloop in now? (Couldn't see from pics)

No water loop. Well, not a "real"one. You have to use rads in this case, as it's WC only. I wanted it bad but really didn't want to custom loop my rig at home. I have one at mum's that's full custom water.

kTkA7sb.jpg

But water can be a pain and if I have any issues with the PC at home it really screws me up. I don't go out much, so having a reliable PC is really important. This one can take a 240/280 in the front, and a 360 in the roof. Got a EK 360 AIO in the roof on the 12700KF, but each side of the case is really narrow so it's WC or AIOs only. In fact, even using AIO is a ball ache because you need to take apart most of the case to change one out. That said that's actually a good thing, as it stops me buggering around with it and thus avoiding any downtime whatsoever.

xa1pBkS.jpg

That's the CPU side there. it is about 4 slots deep each side (so very narrow) with a dividing wall in the middle. This shows where the top rad goes.

c26nFpd.jpg

Oddly enough it totally takes after your username. It's a real dick to work in, but so tidy when you get it all back together.

Back
Top Bottom