Minisforum BD770i - ITX motherboard with CPU

Associate
Very interesting....and looks like a good price for a pcie 5 motherboard and am5 8 core cou.....

Saying that as you can't upgrade CPU I guess pcie5 will never really be any issue as cpu will be obsolete by then...

Last edited:
Soldato
Very interesting....and looks like a good price for a pcie 5 motherboard and am5 8 core cou.....

Saying that as you can't upgrade CPU I guess pcie5 will never really be any issue as cpu will be obsolete by then...
Unless you're using PCIe Gen 5 storage right now. Slap a x16 riser card with four Gen 5 SSDs on it and you're flying. Perfect for video production with a boad load of 4K and 8K source.

PCIe isn't all about graphics cards.

Last edited:
Soldato
The CPU is a bit lacking there, though, and you'd want 10 Gb ethernet at least.
Not really. I've been doing professional video work for two decades on desktop-class CPUs with no real issue. Granted it's been corporate work so never needed to go super insane with masses of effects, colour grading and whatnot. Most NLEs are still CPU-based and not super threaded, so you have plenty of poke here for prosumer and lower-end pro work.

You'd only need a 10gig connection if you're pulling rushes from a NAS editing over the network; strap 8TB worth of Gen 5 storage to a riser card and you're editing locally. Grabbing your rushes in the first instance and doing backups is generally done out of hours anyway, so you don't need uber fast networking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom