Mis-sold a car... "full dealer service history"... it hasnt...

Soldato
I find this type of thing very funny.

"the advert is lost"... Erm, no mate.. its not lost, its nice and secure on a backup. It will also be nice and safe in someone's email or PC who was in charge of writing the adverts.

Its its "lost", its because they deleted it.

Soldato
Does autotrader have a pro subscription model too, where subscribers could see adds stepping back in time.
(like you can fortunately do in ebay to utilise the research/trends of others)

Soldato
I find this type of thing very funny.

"the advert is lost"... Erm, no mate.. its not lost, its nice and secure on a backup. It will also be nice and safe in someone's email or PC who was in charge of writing the adverts.

Its its "lost", its because they deleted it.
It's always funny. I bet they have an ISO certification as well which will stipulate backups and how long.
We have to have everything backed up for 10 years.

Soldato
Ive looked and cant find it... i do cleans every few weeks though...

It was sold as an "audi approved" and its an Inchscape Audo franchise so don't cars that are approved have to have the audi history?

the audi site says

History and Mileage Checks
Rest assured that the Audi you buy will have a clean, transparent record and independently checked mileage.

i can argue that a missing service means its not a clean history surely.

It also says this on the inchscape site

Service History
We will provide you with a service history certificate at the time of vehicle handover, detailing all routine servicing work that has been done by the Authorised Audi Centre network.

This was NOT provided.

As someone mentioned above, I make a point of always saving the adverts (screen shots and print to PDF) because I've been disappointed far too often and realised they just boiler plate everything so all you get is standard wording applied to all cars just for efficiency, all they want is to get you on site, and assume you'll not look closely.

It does sound they wouldn't have a leg to stand on, they clearly have not followed the AUC guidelines etc.

Ultimately though you can consider the proportionality of it, I've bought a couple of cars with missing history although I used that as a bargaining tool and ensured I had it in writing that the warranty would not be affected and that the car has subsequently been serviced and inspected, so rather than reject some sizeable partial refund, especially if the car is a very good example on all other fronts.

And as also mentioned, your finance company may be very useful, they can put huge pressure on the dealer to sort things out and I've seen people use the finance company to reject cars without too much hassle!

Soldato
OP
UPDATE~

All sorted to my satisfaction!

I finally got the general manager on the phone and explained all the above and he has agreed to buy back at full value and is personally sorting the other car i want HIMSELF.... cant say fairer than that really.

He was very apologetic and said that the issue had been put on his desk monday but had been so busy he hadn't seen it yet. He phoned me today after lunch as soon ( he claims ) as he had read the file on his desk and we sorted it in minutes... he agreed that the wording used wasn't the best but that the services that had been done would be ok with AUDI etc but he agreed that i was suitably annoyed and agreed that if i wished to exchange he would be glad to.

So for once a dealer DOES step upto the mark! Points for Inchscape AUDI i guess :p

Soldato
UPDATE~

All sorted to my satisfaction!

I finally got the general manager on the phone and explained all the above and he has agreed to buy back at full value and is personally sorting the other car i want HIMSELF.... cant say fairer than that really.

He was very apologetic and said that the issue had been put on his desk monday but had been so busy he hadn't seen it yet. He phoned me today after lunch as soon ( he claims ) as he had read the file on his desk and we sorted it in minutes... he agreed that the wording used wasn't the best but that the services that had been done would be ok with AUDI etc but he agreed that i was suitably annoyed and agreed that if i wished to exchange he would be glad to.

So for once a dealer DOES step upto the mark! Points for Inchscape AUDI i guess :p
That is so much nicer to hear than the "prove it" response you got last time.

Unfortunately it sometimes happens that the person who should be dealing with the problem gets eyes on it after one of their colleagues has had their input with negative effect. Happens in my role occasionally where an issue comes up and a black or white approach is applied before I get a chance to act when really it needed a bit more context and consideration.

Soldato
That is so much nicer to hear than the "prove it" response you got last time.

Unfortunately it sometimes happens that the person who should be dealing with the problem gets eyes on it after one of their colleagues has had their input with negative effect. Happens in my role occasionally where an issue comes up and a black or white approach is applied before I get a chance to act when really it needed a bit more context and consideration.
To be fair that's how most organisations are set up. Infantryman pushes back, and 9/10 it'll probably work. Line manager deals with the 1% that infantry can't crack on with.

Imagine working for Amazon web chat where you give it your all to push back to a Customer and then line manager dials in an immediately issues a refund, apology payment and gives you a month of prime? lol

Soldato
It's good that you have managed to sort it out. But I wouldn't be heaping praise on an outfit which straight up lied to you and hoped you would just go away.

How many people in the world don't have the confidence to push back and end up losing out?

Back
Top Bottom