Mission Impossible: Fallout

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
The Mummy you can lay at the novice director he was out of his depth & caused big issues when they had to reshoot expensive scenes again. Cruise saved the movie from being even worse than it was! Christopher McQuarrie was also heavily rumoured to have been hired to fix a few things at the last moment to salvage something from a complete disaster.

Not according to several internet articles.

Tom Cruise's fiddling may have been responsible for the sinking of his would-be franchise-starter The Mummy, according to reports. While the big-budget horror reboot hasn't been an enormous failure at the global box office, it severely underperformed in the United States, throwing an early spanner in the works for a 'Dark Universe' of films tying together such vintage horror heavyweights as the Invisible Man and the Bride of Frankenstein.

According to Variety, The Mummy radically changed once Cruise signed onto the film, the superstar demanding creative control over every aspect of the production, hiring longtime collaborators to work on the script, and significantly altering the film's plot to give him more prominence in the narrative – at the expense of the actually Mummy.

Once production was over, Cruise personally cut the film together alongside his longtime editor Andrew Mondshein, after he and Universal both decided that the project wasn't working. But this reportedly only added to concern amongst Universal bosses, who grew panicked that the star was "turning a horror film into a Cruise infomercial.

Source

Associate
Saw this last night, very entertaining, probably 8/10. I've seen the previous ones but it was so long ago I'd forgotten it all so didn't get the references to past things but it didn't take away from it. Only jarring bit:
tiny tom cruise taking on actual superman in a fist fight at the end, LOL.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Great film, just 30 minutes too long.

Actually ended up seeing it in 3D by accident, but it was well done.

The final 15 minute countdown / chopper scene seemed to last for about 25 minutes. Likewise the time spent on building up the "white widow" was utterly pointless as it never went anywhere.

7/10.

Caporegime
She didn't do anything for me. Prefer Rebecca Ferguson

Another excellent entry in the franchise though, maybe the best yet?

Cruise is 56, is he ever going to age?

Benji has been a bit of a liability in the last two movies though. I thought they might actually give him some prowess considering he's been a field agent since Ghost Protocol

Caporegime
Fergusson was 30 when she filmed Rogue Nation

Kirby was 29 when she filmed Fallout.

I caught the reference to "Max" though - implying Vanessa Redgrave from the original Mission Impossible movie was her mother

Caporegime
Saw tonight.

Really bloody good, one of the best action films I've seen in yonks. Every car chase was beautiful to watch, every fight was well done and you could feel the punches.

Very slightly too long, they can easily shave off ten mins.

Tom cruise is very impessimpr, can't believe I'm saying that. 8.5/10 minus .5 cos of the length.

Caporegime
Saw this the other night and thought it was pretty damn good, on par with the previous MI’s.

As others have said, I found it a bit long-ish though. But all in all great movie and absolutely love Cruise as an actor...not a fan of him being a looney Scientologist though lol.

Soldato
i thought it was phenomenal, Tom proving again he's a complete nutter when it comes to stunts. the entire copter end sequence is just jaw-dropping.

it seems i'm one of the very few who liked The Mummy too, looked storming on my 3D set.

Back
Top Bottom