• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Mistake? 10900K over 5950/5900/5800?

Soldato
Ah gotcha pc-guy sorry I read your post wrong. My fault.

Tbh, I want to go with the 10900K
OCUK have the 10850 in stock @ £500 so similar price to the KF.

And the 10900 has performance advantage against the 10700 by some 5-10fps which Im willing to pay for.

google is your friend.

Associate
I am saying dont go with KF. go with the K part. but get the 10850k or 10700k.

this is your gaming and main rig, if something happens, you still want it to run it. so thats where the iGPU on the CPU is useful should the GPU fail.
But none of the new AMD 5000 CPUs have a integrated graphics chip do they?

Soldato
OP
Honestly integrated graphics is not a deal breaker for me which is why I went with the KF version thanks to Hakanese for pointing that out.

Besides, dont some motherboards have integrated graphics sometimes?

Associate
Honestly integrated graphics is not a deal breaker for me which is why I went with the KF version thanks to Hakanese for pointing that out.

Besides, dont some motherboards have integrated graphics sometimes?
Dont think so - you could always get a cheapo socket 1200 cpu with iGPU if your graphics card blew up.

interesting thread has made me think about picking up some cheaper intel parts again whilst I wait for AMD to some stock together. 10900kf and the 10850k do look good value at the moment.

Associate
I went from a 4670k to a 10900k in september when the 3000 series launched, I had the same worry as i knew an AMD cpu was in the horizon but no one knew the performance obviously so i bit the bullet.

I have the same user case as you basically, gaming and just general browsing etc and let me tell you, its a night and day difference. It is surprising with just simple things like opening file explorer and the snappyness of it let alone in gaming!

After watching reviews when the 5000 series, if you are gaming anything higher than 1080p then the difference between AMD and Intel is negligible either way and as you said from the reviews i seen the 10900k generally slightly ahead than the 5900x but again they trade blows dependant on title so it really doesnt matter.

From someone that was in your position only a couple of months ago, you are going to be incredibley pleased and you are going to enjoy it very much! I paired it with a 3090 when i was on a 1060 before so everything has been fantastic for me!

Soldato
OP
Cheers Sedgey, good to know! Thanks for your experiences, sounds like you were definitely in the same boat as me!

May I ask why you went with the 10900K as opposed to the 10900KF? Maybe the K was cheaper back then? May I ask how much you got it for?

Man of Honour
The 5800X appears to be more than I paid for 10850K so is it better? I game at 4K and can do 5.2ghz all core at 1.360v... flys in all games with 3080.

at 4k it doesn't matter. Playing at any sort of resolution is a great leveller. If you are happy with it then does it matter if it is better or not? :D Enjoy!

Associate
Cheers Sedgey, good to know! Thanks for your experiences, sounds like you were definitely in the same boat as me!

May I ask why you went with the 10900K as opposed to the 10900KF? Maybe the K was cheaper back then? May I ask how much you got it for?

I have no explaination really as to why i went K and not KF :D, i just know the price was £539 when i got it.

Associate
I went from a 4670k to a 10900k in september when the 3000 series launched, I had the same worry as i knew an AMD cpu was in the horizon but no one knew the performance obviously so i bit the bullet.

I have the same user case as you basically, gaming and just general browsing etc and let me tell you, its a night and day difference. It is surprising with just simple things like opening file explorer and the snappyness of it let alone in gaming!

After watching reviews when the 5000 series, if you are gaming anything higher than 1080p then the difference between AMD and Intel is negligible either way and as you said from the reviews i seen the 10900k generally slightly ahead than the 5900x but again they trade blows dependant on title so it really doesnt matter.

From someone that was in your position only a couple of months ago, you are going to be incredibley pleased and you are going to enjoy it very much! I paired it with a 3090 when i was on a 1060 before so everything has been fantastic for me!

Can I ask what motherboard you have with your 10900k, I think I will be going the intel way

Back
Top Bottom