MLB coming to London!

Associate
When I first heard about this I wondered if there'd be any interest, beyond a few ex-pats, in the UK. That said, I hope they put up some nets down the lines. I doubt seriously that the average Londoner is aware of or prepared for foul balls.

For me, baseball remains the best of the big 4 to see live. I love the vibe at a baseball game. The others are best viewed on a 65" 4K flat screen. :)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Nah nothing beats front row on on corners at a hockey game :)

London cant even get a decent ICE rink, to busy making tube lines with taxpayers money i guess.

Associate
So it's just around the corner. Only a few days now.

I just read an article on ESPN about all the little things MLB is doing to 'teach' the game for those that don't know it. That should help a bit. And they are putting up netting but I don't know how far down the lines it will go. I'll bet it will be quite a ways given recent events here in the States. (little girl got hit in the head with a scorching foul ball :( )

It seems that ticket prices are quite high in London, which isn't usually the case for a regular season game here. I suspect that's due to the additional costs incurred by both teams plus the cost of renting and outfitting the Stadium, which wouldn't be the case here. Still, I think it's a big mistake on the part of MLB. Baseball tickets are the cheapest of the big 4, especially if you're willing to sit in the nose bleeds. MLB should have eaten the additional costs and written it off as advertising. Getting a bunch of well heeled stockbrokers, bankers, lawyers, etc... to show up isn't going to grow the game.

If you're going to one of the games don't forget that any balls that make it into the stands are yours to keep. Don't throw them back. It's a free souvenir! :)

Soldato
Just watched this game.
I've watched major League Baseball for over 30 years now and I've never seen a first inning like that!
Over 4 1/2 hours, 30 Runs, 37 hits over 9 innings! I can't think of a better advert for major League Baseball. I can't help but think the weather was a factor tonight. I don't think they'll be able to top that tomorrow.

Associate
Agreed! In all my life I've never seen anything like the first inning! Going to be a real disappointment for anyone that expects something similar going forward.

Back
Top Bottom