Modding a Corsair H100i tube colour

Soldato
OP, i tried this before.

I bought the same ID tubing as the OD of the h100 tubing. I cut the tubing to length and the cut along the tube and fit it around the h100 tubes.

It looked horrible as it didnt fit properly. The cut tubing doesnt hug the h100 tubes.

If you were to get tubing and cut it into a spiral, wrap it around the h100 tubes, that may work better

Soldato
OP
OP, i tried this before.

I bought the same ID tubing as the OD of the h100 tubing. I cut the tubing to length and the cut along the tube and fit it around the h100 tubes.

It looked horrible as it didnt fit properly. The cut tubing doesnt hug the h100 tubes.

If you were to get tubing and cut it into a spiral, wrap it around the h100 tubes, that may work better

Hmmm I see

I'm guessing it is all down to the tubing you buy possibly? The one in that youtube video looks pretty good, I've seen another pic also online that looked good. This one:

eARqGGRl.jpg

I'll have to see what it is like when it arrives, hopefully tomorrow

Also note, this and mine, is the H100i, not the H100, the tubing is slightly different, possibly easier to wrap something around?

Soldato
Hmmm I see

I'm guessing it is all down to the tubing you buy possibly? The one in that youtube video looks pretty good, I've seen another pic also online that looked good. This one:

eARqGGRl.jpg

I'll have to see what it is like when it arrives, hopefully tomorrow

Also note, this and mine, is the H100i, not the H100, the tubing is slightly different, possibly easier to wrap something around?

the tubing in that picture looks great - i wonder how they did it

hopefully the tubing on the h100i is easier to go this with - keep us updated! :)

Soldato
OP
the tubing in that picture looks great - i wonder how they did it

hopefully the tubing on the h100i is easier to go this with - keep us updated! :)

Exactly it looks amazing haha. That's what I want, just in blue

I'll have 2m to experiment with so hopefully I'll be able to get it looking good :D

Will keep you updated

EDIT: Not sure I should link to another forum, so I'll quote instead. It just says:

"Haha just wrapped the stock tubing with some white Primochill advance LRT tubing 1/2 ID x 3/4 OD."

Tubing I've bought is the same size, so we'll see :)

Associate
I really like that, has anyone actually replace the tubes on an H100 or H100i? As in actually removed the original tubes and fitted new longer/shorter ones?

Man of Honour
Void the warranty on a £80 cooler haha, anyway ip hope all goes well

No I'm not :) he's just playing it on the safe side however I personally wouldn't be that bothered since the failure rate on these clc are quite low.

If he voids the warranty and it ends up leaking he should be bothered. If it leaks (we have seen quite a few leak on here) and damages other components and the warranty is in place Corsair will compensate him for the damaged components. If he replaces the tubing and it leaks he will be screwed.

Soldato
OP
Well what's your views?

It didn't take long, the little bumps on the pipe were annoying, but twisting the pipe as and when needed was simple enough, to get it into a position where there was no bumps on the pipes

I possibly cut the 'back' one too short a bit at the top, might re-do that one

Anyway, what do you think?

kFV39evl.jpg

Personally I think it looks pretty good, especially for the cheap price it costs to do this

It does make the pipes look thick, but I'd say it is 10x better than the black pipes

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys

Might be hard to see in the pic, but I cut it like that intentionally. That black you can see is the manufacturer fitting for the corsair pipes, it isn't the pipe itself. Trouble with that part is that it is slightly thicker than the black pipes, you could put it there but I think it would look better like that only if you have clips to hold the pipes tight

Soldato
OP
OP please tell us exactly how you put the tubing around the stock tubing for future reference :)

Simply just cut a slit in it and wrapped it around

Just takes a lot of taking it off and putting it on again to get it in such an angle that there are no kinks and that the cut isn't visible

Back
Top Bottom