Modding a Corsair H100i tube colour

Soldato
Hi all,

Please note, I am not removing the original tubes, instead I'm looking at covering them with some blue tubing to match my system

Have a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqo_0kSqyNk

Question is though, does anyone know the size tubing I'd need to do that for the H100i? As his model doesn't seem to be the H100i

Also having never had a watercooled PC before, the measurement he gives of "12,7/9,65mm - 3/8" (10mm)" means nothing to me :D Can someone break it down and explain it maybe? Thanks!

Hope someone can help :)

EDIT: Someone in the comments has used "1/2in. ID X 3/4in" on a H100i, guessing the ID is internal diamater?

Anyone here done a similar mod?

Soldato
OP
I know but why would you cover up the tubeing sounds pointless just get a custom loop

Because I didn't want to have my first loop as a custom loop, didn't have the money to spend at the time

So for now I just wanted to make this one match the rest of the colour scheme in the pc

Soldato
I guess you could paint them blue with Plastidip?

I'm not sure if that's feasible or not, but I would just go for a custom loop of you want to change the tubing.

Soldato
OP
Yeah that's why I linked to the coil as well as that could help hold it all together ;)

Aha that was the reason, I'll see if it works like this, if not I'll have to get the coil. I prefer the look without so I'll try get it working without first

in the video he then re-made them with the cut in along a different side so it didn't bump.

Yeah I saw that but was just confused by his explanation haha, I'll have to have a look and cut the pipes on the 'seam /join' if there is one

Back
Top Bottom