Modified View 71 build

Associate
Hi all,

I am just starting my view 71 build project now that I have a case without smashed glass thanks to the good customer service from ocuk.

I have some pictures that I will put up once I get them uploaded.

This project came about because I am using a phanteks enthoo evolve atx but I have had to space most of the panels off to get some airflow. This is a good looking case and I will be reusing it in the future.

I will be reusing all of the parts in my old pc which are,

Mobo, Gigabyte GA Z270X Gaming 9
CPU, 6700 K
RAM, 2x 8gb GSkill Trident Z
GPU, RX Vega 64
PSU, EVGA Supernova P2 1200W
HDD, 2x Samsung sata ssd's m.2 to be added soon.
Cooling, full custom loop

I will be doing some mods to the case to add in some features and an extra radiator mount.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
This is the first case with a smashed front glass. after picking some glass shards out of my hand I got the case back in the box and cleaned the room.
mYWrZ
mYWrZ.jpg

Associate
OP
The first job after changing the case was to remove all the panels, I don't have a picture of before but just look at any marketing images of the case. This is with the drive cages removed.
mYgL9.jpg

Getting ready to start with the drill soon, almost all the removable hardware has gone now.
mY1kv.jpg

Parts everywhere most of which are going wee into the bin!!
mYi3P.jpg

areas that require drilling and cutting.
mYkrz.jpg

mYTX5.jpg

and the part that has been removed.
mY64T.jpg

Associate
OP
Just an idea of what is next, the card is just to give an idea of how it will look. The parts will be
made from some aluminium sheet I have.
mYQi7.jpg

I am still deciding if I should paint the outside of the case, possibly gun metal grey or white. I am thinking i might just have it black.

Associate
looking hot so far i am planning to paint mine white simply because it will help light up the inside of the case when the rgb strips are turned on also because it does look awesome in white,ijust finished painting my enermax 360 AIO for my 1950x decided to go with a matt white for less reflective glare,i also have the enthoo evolve atxwhich i also plan to mod for better airflow once i have this new build up and running and i would also like to mod my old dell xps htc 1st gen cause the case is so sexy and i really do not want to let it go...LOL

Associate
OP
I have done a bit of work making the replacement part that goes at the back.

I started with some aluminium sheet 1mm thick and cut out a flat pattern,
mXv85.jpg

Cutting out on the bench shear,
mXeuC.jpg

I then folded it up to get the correct form,
mXLQz.jpg

I then did a quick sketch and ran it through the cam software to get the g code and setup the CNC router.

mXMnT.jpg

and this is the completed part,
mXYyb.jpg

the next job was to fit it up in the case and get the final refinements made.

mXuT7.jpg

the next job is to give it a final sand and degrease ready for paint.

Associate
OP
I have got the back section cleaned and primed with a satin black base coat.
sj6pC.jpg

I made the basement cover in the same way as the back panel this time no CNC. It was a bit more difficult because my folder wouldn't work with something this tall that wasn't in the same plane.
sjk1v.jpg

I then got the fasteners, which were stainless steel and therefore silver and painted them.
sjQ0z.jpg

and finally for today I got the trail fit and all the mounting holes done to fit the basement.
sjCf5.jpg

The next job is to add the SSD mounting holes to the basement then it can be cleaned and painted.

Thanks for checking out my build.

Soldato
Nice build so far, You should think about offering that PSU shroud for sale, it's the one thing many owners of the 71 don't like and TT seem to have missed with this case.

Associate
OP
Nice build so far, You should think about offering that PSU shroud for sale, it's the one thing many owners of the 71 don't like and TT seem to have missed with this case.
The case hasn't been designed to have one so for the design I have got here with an enclosed end it will be very difficult to fit the cover/ PSU. I could do an open end version that could be fitted after.

Associate
The case hasn't been designed to have one so for the design I have got here with an enclosed end it will be very difficult to fit the cover/ PSU. I could do an open end version that could be fitted after.

i am going to attempt to make one with acrylic rather than ali as this will mean it will sit in the case rather than be mounted directly to the case...for mounting i will experiment and post a few questions to some of the content creators on youtube and see how they manage to keep theirs in place or if the shrowd just sits in place itself....with it being acrylic this means you can even make parts see through as i would like to do with mine so you can see the power supply itself through a small window but not the cables maybe even add some RGB goodness for any type of lighting effect

Associate
OP
i am going to attempt to make one with acrylic rather than ali as this will mean it will sit in the case rather than be mounted directly to the case...for mounting i will experiment and post a few questions to some of the content creators on youtube and see how they manage to keep theirs in place or if the shrowd just sits in place itself....with it being acrylic this means you can even make parts see through as i would like to do with mine so you can see the power supply itself through a small window but not the cables maybe even add some RGB goodness for any type of lighting effect
There is always the magic of double sided tape, the 3M stuff for car number plates if you go for acrylic. It can be a bit brittle and it has to be a bit thicker than aluminium so I am not sure if it will fit as well because of the clearance between the pcie covers and the top of the PSU. I will try and get a picture of what I am talking about.

I have found a way around the basement fitting problem, I got hold of some M4 tri-lobe thread cutting screws, I will have to shorten 1or 2 but they should do the trick.

Associate
OP
so this will be the last update for a little while, I am waiting for Gigabyte to sort out the USB 3.1 on my motherboard therefore I don't want to do the build only to have to rip it apart in a week to RMA the board.

I have done the final fit of all the parts I have made and rebuilt the chassis to get a feel for how it will look. you can see the SSD mounts on the PSU cover and the holes for the cables to feed through.
scsOe.jpg

Thanks again for looking.

Associate
OP
Does anyone know how I can get a model or drawing of the Aorus logo and writing like at the top of the www.aorus.com website, would @GIGA-Man be able to get this?
I am thinking about adding a backlight logo to the front of the case so was hoping to get the details so I CNC the logo.

Maybe he can also give the RMA guys a nudge, or provide a free Rx Vega64. You never know. ;)

Thanks

Associate
OP
Well, I was asked by my wife to build my son a PC for Christmas so had need of the Phanteks case forcing this build to proceed.

I haven't yet got the radiators I need and I have only done soft tube for the loop which I will change out for hard tube after I have the repaired motherboard.

getting most of the parts ready to go in.
4pZSM.jpg

SSD's mounted,
4pgxQ.jpg

PSU installed which gives enough room for the basement and its mounting screws ( I checked this before I made the basement honest)
4pIJA.jpg

after leak testing for 4 hours I booted the system,
4pt1a.jpg

and the completed-ish build,

4p1pe.jpg

4pRFk.jpg

1. Jobs still to do, fix the pipework ( I don't like the long runs) and it probably should have hard tube.
2. Change the res tube for a longer one
3. Make a res mounting bracket

Last edited:
Associate
looking good mate...coming together nicely...will you be adding cable combs to get those cables nice n sexy looking like the rest of this build...LOL

Back
Top Bottom