Monitor Advice....out of touch

Associate
Hi all, hope you're well. Been out of touch with gaming stuff for little while sadly due to ill health. I had a PC made for me about...3 years ago? but i never upgraded my monitor & now things are alittle different with my life, i'm looking to use it to full potential as such as indoors a lot more now. Won't lie, i'm really not too clued up, but below is my PC specs of what i have to help. I used to play a lot of Driving simulator games, mainly Euro Truck Sim 2 which im hoping to get back into. But i currently use my old monitor to switch between my PC and Xbox series x, so hoping to take advantage of that.

PC:
  • Graphics Card (GPU): INNO3D iCHILL NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti
  • CPU: Intel i9-11900KF
  • CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG STRIX LC II 280MM ARGB Liquid Ai
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F WiFi

Wondering if anyone could give any advice, tips on what look at?

Budget wise....£1k ? but poss go bit more.
Size...was thinking 27" up to 32"

I didn't know if to be aiming for 4k monitors?

these are few i've looked at but unsure. and dunno if anything else out there really? i'm not so much after curved

LG 27" UltraGear 27GR95QE-B​

GIGABYTE M28U 4K Ultra HD 28" IPS​

ROG Strix OLED XG27AQDMG

Soldato
With 4K there is a trade-off in gaming performance, but I would go 4K myself.

OCUK has a few 32" monitors in your budget. I would go 32".

Gigabyte 32" M32U 3840x2160 4K SS IPS 144Hz 1ms FreeSync/G-Sync KVM HDR Widescreen Gaming Monitor £688.99

MSI 32" MAG 323UPF 3840x2160 Rapid IPS 160Hz 1ms FreeSync HDMI 2.1 HDR KVM Widescreen Gaming Monitor £799.00

Corsair XENEON 32" 32UHD144-A 3840x2160 IPS 144Hz 1ms Gaming Monitor £849.98

ASUS 32" ROG Strix XG32UQ 3840x2160 IPS 160Hz 1ms FreeSync HDMI 2.1 HDR600 Widescreen Gaming Monitor £998.99

All 32" monitors:

Associate
OP
thank you all for your feedback, still looking and watching reviews. One thing i forgot to mention....is it easy enough to buy a remote to work with the monitors? i see some do offer them...what it is, due to my disability, i can find it hard on trying to toggle about with the buttons on side of monitors / underneath, remote would make life a lot easier.

i had thought of 2x monitors also, but...i like the nice set up of my desk with a 32" i think, even tho it would be more handy to have 2x as i like to multi task whilst gaming as such lol i was thinking at later stage maybe just having a small laptop to the side anyway, or maybe a smaller monitor but on a vertical position

Associate
OP
another few i've looked at

this one below i can't seem to find anywhere at all

and lastly, this one comes out but sadly i'd have to wait till October

but yeah, i don't fancy waiting.

speakers built in would be a bonus, but not end of the world i guess

Associate
OP
if in my position, would you stay with a 34 or go to 32 which has hdmi 2.1 and 4k ???? i mean it's gonna be for my xbox series x also as well as PC

Soldato
if in my position, would you stay with a 34 or go to 32 which has hdmi 2.1 and 4k ???? i mean it's gonna be for my xbox series x also as well as PC

The Xbox doesn't support UW resolutions so you will have black bars either side on a 34 UW

Always found it best to just have my gaming consoles connected and used on my TV's in the house as they have never ever supported any of my PC monitors properly.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The Xbox doesn't support UW resolutions so you will have black bars either side on a 34 UW

Always found it best to just have my gaming consoles connected and used on my TV's in the house as they have never ever supported any of my PC monitors properly.

ah i did not know this about the black bars, just looked at a vid and see what you mean. hmmmmm ok

i do have my xbox to tv above my current monitor which is an LG OLED55G26LA....BUT.....i do like to sit at my desk instead and play on the xbox

think i'm gonna go 32" now for monitor

Back
Top Bottom