Monitors doing weird thing with brightness scrolling

Associate
Hi I have three Asus VP28U monitors on my PC as well a Sony TV. For some reason the monitors (all three of them) change the brightness of my browser window (just that window) as I scroll (I can actually find a part of a website where this happens!!!). If I drag the same window to the TV I don't have the same issue. I've never come across anything like this and it's getting unusable as it's so bright when it turns up I can't read the test and it always seems to do it on screens with lots of white. My monitors are plugged in with a mixture of HDMI and Display port and I've updated all the drivers. Any ideas would be appericated.

Associate
Have a look if the monitor has an auto brightness setting, failing that another option is to look at the power options on the pc in the display settings look for again auto brightness, although at this point I've had a few Guinness so worth a try :)

Associate
OP
Does look like a software issue based on that video.

Tried doing this if it's available? https://pureinfotech.com/disable-content-adaptive-brightness-control-cabc-windows-11/

Do you have the same extensions installed on both Chrome and Edge? Have you tried it with all of them removed?

Any background apps running that could be affecting it?
I don't have that option (or any brightness options tbh). I don't really use Edge so it's not got anything installed on it at all, just tried Opera and that isn't having the same issue.
I can't think of anything, maybe wallpaper engine somehow, I'll try in safe mode and see what happens, it's driving me crackers and giving me eye strain at the same time.

sg0

sg0

Associate
Here is an interesting thought. This vid/image has some type of malware embedded like Pegasus!

Associate
OP
Well at least I wasn't the only one with this problem. I was getting close to going for a full reinstall for the sake of my eyes as nobody else had seemed to have this problem. As of now it seems to have stopped doing it so can only assume there was an update that fixed it as I didn't do anything since I gave up trying last night
Thanks for your help with this everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom